A Black by Blood

(Y/N)'s pov

Sirius became paralyzed with fear and everyone stared at Sirius with caution. It was almost as if the Marauders and Potter's have been in this situation before.

"Sirius, you okay?" James asked, shifting to face Sirius.

"W-what if..." Sirius stumbled, "she's going to take me..."

"No one is going to take you, Sirius," Remus assured, putting an arm around Sirius -who was now shaking.

"I-I don't want to go..."

"You're not going anywhere," Remus comforted, rubbing Sirius's back.

"She's strong, Moony!" Sirius yelled, hugging his knees.

"I know, I know," Remus whispered, "but we're here to protect you."

"What's going on?" I whispered to Peter.

"Well, that's a situation Sirius should tell you about," Peter sighed in response.

"Mum!" James called when Sirius suddenly began to cry.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Euphemia exclaimed. "Have this, sweetie," she said, giving Sirius a cup of tea.

The doorbell rang this time.

"Please...I don't want to go..." Sirius sobbed, staring into Euphemia's eyes.

"Everything is okay, Sirius," Fleamont said. "(Y/n) take Sirius upstairs while I answer the door."

"Okay," I whispered. "Let's go upstairs, Sirius. She won't hurt you there."

"O-Okay..." Sirius slowly shook his head and began to stand up, quivering with fear.

Although I had no idea who she was, I knew she was dangerous and I knew that Sirius was traumatized from an experience just like this.

Once Sirius and I got upstairs, he told me to take him to James's room and so I did. Sirius hid in the corner farthest from the door and hugged his knees once again, rocking himself back and forth.

"Sirius...what's going on?" I asked, quietly.

"This happened before," he whispered.

"When?"

"First year..."

Sirius's pov
---------------------------------------------------------
"It was December 23, 1971."

"I want to decorate that cookie!" I exclaimed.

It was my first Christmas without my family. I didn't want to go back to that hell hole, so the Marauders and I decided to lie. I wrote a letter to my family saying that I was going to stay at Hogwarts for the holidays while James wrote a letter to his parents, asking if his new friends could stay at his house for the holidays. They said yes, of course, and my parents allowed me to stay as long as I behaved.

"Too bad, so sad! I grabbed it first!" James snickered, holding the largest gingerbread man from the batch of fresh cookies.

"James Fleamont Potter," Mum scolded. "Sirius is your guest!"

"Yes, but he's also my best friend," James mumbled with attitude.

"Give Sirius the cookie or you won't see your new quidditch poster until you're 40," Mum threatened, lifting an eyebrow to seem more intimidating.

"What!" James whined, letting out a big sigh as he handed me the cookie. "Here."

"Why! You're too kind, James!" I beamed, teasingly.