No-maj Town

(Y/N)'s pov

There was a scent of fresh food that overwhelmed me as I woke up. I tumbled out of bed and fixed myself up before I exited my room. In the kitchen, Fleamont and Euphemia were making breakfast and Twinkie was setting up the table.

"Good morning, miss," Twinkie greeted.

"Morning, Twinkie," I smiled. "Need some help?"

"Oh no, miss! Guests should never help," the house elf exclaimed. "Twinkie got this."

"(Y/n), is that you, dear?" Euphemia called from the kitchen.

"Yes, it's me," I responded.

"Will you do me a favor and check on the boys for me, please?" Euphemia asked, politely. "Breakfast is almost ready."

"Oh, of course," I said, leaving the kitchen.

I walked up the staircase and it was silent with only the noise of faint clattering coming from the kitchen. I knocked on James's bedroom door before I entered and I saw all the Marauders laying on the ground surrounded with all sorts of candy wrappers and scattered parchment.

There, I spotted the map. I still couldn't believe that they never noticed they couldn't see my little footprints on their magical parchment paper.

"Guys, it's time to wake up," I whispered, hearing them all groan. "The sooner you guys wake up, the sooner we can eat, and the sooner we can leave to the no-maj town," I said, crossing my arms. It was almost like I hit a power button because once I said "no-maj town" all of the Marauders automatically woke up.

"Sorry (y/n), we need privacy to get ready. You should really get ready so we won't have to wait on you," Sirius sighed, leading me out of James's room.

I scoffed, and walked towards my own room to get ready. It was a simple, windy day, so I made sure I was cozy for our no-maj trip. I packed the no-maj money Lily gave me into a small purse so I could just grab and go. I was ready after at least 15 minutes and I began to head downstairs to eat.

Downstairs everyone was already eating at James's abnormally large table. It was one of those long tables you'd see in no-maj movies where they would each sit on one end. But, in this case, the Potter's and Marauders were all gathered in the middle of the table.

"Oh, there you are!" Euphemia exclaimed, "I was afraid the boys pulled a prank on you!"

"Oh no, I'm okay. I just got ready," I sighed. "I didn't expect everyone to be ready before me. Especially not Sirius, I mean I thought he would spend at least 30 minutes on his hair."

"Me too. Today he only brushed it 100 times instead of 115 times," Remus said, jokingly.

"Hey! (Y/n), you said the sooner we eat, the sooner we can leave. I can make it quick if I want to," Sirius stuck his nose up in the air. "And I usually brush my hair 125 times for your information, Moony."

"Yeah, okay," Remus said as I sat down beside him.

I didn't say much during breakfast. I was too busy brainstorming on what I should get for the Marauders and the Viragos. And I couldn't help but to think about Regulus. Was he okay? Was he safe?

"You excited?" Remus asked me, munching on his toast.

"Hmm?"

"To visit the muggle town?" He clarified, "Aren't you excited?"

"Oh, very," I said in a way that didn't sound too convincing.

"Are you sure?" Remus questioned in an unsure manner. "You're not saying much."