Moony

Marlene's pov

"What did I miss?" Mary asked once we were all finally awake in the morning.

It was the day after Valentines and a lot happened in the Gryffindor common room the night before. First, Dorcas and I became something, Lily was humiliated by James and called him out on everything, all while (y/n) disappeared until the party ended. The night was filled with many different experiences and details that it was crazy to sum it up in one simple explanation.

"That's a very interesting question," I smiled, awkwardly nodding my head.

"Okay..," Mary mumbled, "where's Lily and (y/n)?"

"Also a very interesting question," Dorcas replied with just the same amount of awkwardness I contained.

"Well then," Mary sighed, crossing her arms as she leaned against the wall. "I'm expecting an interesting answer."

"Well it's a very long story and you missed a solid amount of stuff while you were at your date," I explained.

"What could've happened in the span of four-ish hours?" Mary asked, laughing at the ridiculousness.

"You might want to sit down for this, Mary," Dorcas whispered to her.

Dorcas and I had explained everything from the previous night, except everything about us. We weren't ready for others to know. At least not yet. We told her what happened with who, who disappeared throughout the night, and all the details we knew.

"Wait, so, James is just going to leave Lily alone now?" Mary questioned once we finished our explanation.

"We're not sure," Dorcas replied, "Lily had left the dorm earlier and (y/n) didn't leave that long ago."

"I wonder what it's going to be like," Mary wondered as she stared blankly at the floor.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I mean, will Hogwarts ever be the same without James asking out Lily?" Mary emphasized. "Or him complimenting her eyes or freckles?"

"Well some things take time," Dorcas shrugged. "It won't be like this forever."

"I suppose you're right." Mary said, letting out a small sigh. "Wait, where did (y/n) go last night?"

"We don't even know," I sighed, shrugging my shoulders. "Things got pretty heated so I just assumed she went out for some air."

"But Lily was going through something," Mary contemplated. "Why would she just leave her friend?"

"I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for her actions," Dorcas nodded. "However, it's just not our business."

"You're right," Mary admitted. "Well, is there anything else I should know about last night?"

"No," Dorcas and I said in unison as soon as the words spilled out of Mary's mouth.

"Alrighty then," she smiled, "how about we head on down to the Great Hall for some tea?"

"Sure, why not," I laughed, moving past all the stuff that happened the previous night.

~~~

Sirius's pov

"Moony?" I whispered even though Remus's bed curtains were completely closed. It was the day after Valentines and I had little to no memory of the night before.

"Sirius?" I heard Remus respond.

"What happened last night?" I asked sitting on the floor beside his bed and where he rests his head.