Marauder's Map (part 2)

Remus's pov

I awoke sometime in the afternoon. I didn't remember much, but I felt less pain than I usually do and I didn't have any new cuts.

"Hello dear." Madam Pompfrey greeted sweetly, "I believe your friends are here. Would you like to see them?"

"Yes please." I sighed happily. Madam Pompfrey brought the Marauders to my bed and they all had a distressed expression on their faces.

"Hey Moony."

"Hello."

"Hiya." They all greeted. They seemed...off. Something definitely happened while I was resting.

"What's with you guys?" I asked suspiciously.

"Umm nothing." Prongs shrugged.

"M'k." I mumbled, unconvinced. "Do you guys have the map with you? I have to find (y/n) and apologize about yesterday. I was an arse."

"Here's the thing..." Padfoot sat on the corner of my hospital bed, "we..." He hesitated to answer, "Welostthemap." Sirius answered quickly.

"WHAT?!" I boomed, every inch of my body in shock. My eyes were so wide, they could pop out.

"You know it's funny...Padfoot and I had the exact same reaction!" James chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"It's not funny." I grunted, "How did you guys lose the map?"

"Ask him." Padfoot nodded his head to Peter.

"I didn't lose it! It disappeared!" He defended.

"Things don't just disappear, Pete." Sirius replied.

"Sirius, relax. Maybe it was misplaced?" I said.

"No. We looked everywhere." James responded.

"Everywhere?" I questioned.

"Everywhere, Moony." He confirmed.

"Forget the map," I sighed, "I still have to apologize to (y/n)."

"Forget the- forget the map?" Sirius asked unbelievably.

"Yes, Pads. We'll look for it later. Pompfrey still needs to check on a few things then I'm sure she'll let me out."

"Boys." A woman said behind them.

"Yes Madam Pompfrey?" Prongs asked politely.

"I have to do a few checkups. You can see your friend when he leaves the Hospital Wing." The medi-witch explained.

"Yes ma'am." James saluted. He then looked at me and gave me a kind smile. "Later, Moony."

"Bye, Moony." Peter half-smiled.

"See ya, Moony." Sirius sighed and stood up from the corner of the bed.

"Yeah, see ya." I slightly waved and watched the Marauders leave the Hospital Wing.

~~~

Regulus's pov

"Found anything?" (Y/n) asked.

"Nothing." I responded, not looking up from my book. It's only been an hour since (y/n) and I started our research. We sat on the small living room floor of the cottage. We grabbed a few books from bookshelves in the cottage and studied (y/n)'s books from the library.

"Y'know...we can't keep the map forever."

"I know. That is why we have to figure something out soon." I sighed and turned a page. After minutes passed (y/n) stood up and dusted herself off. I looked up (y/n), "What are you doing?"