Sorting

(Y/N)'s pov

We finally arrived at the castle and it was magnificent. It made me feel so warm but not for long.

"Aren't you excited?!" Lily asked, "You know meeting new people and trying something new!" I appreciate her enthusiasm but it wasn't really helping.

"Meh...I mean yeah I'm excited, but I'm also nervous..."

"Don't be! You'll have me so don't worry!" Lily smile was ear to ear, I did a faint smile.

~~~

When we arrived up front and a lady with a stern face came up to Lily and I.

"Miss (l/n)?" She asked

"Yes..." I whispered. I didn't know if I was trouble. But why would I be?

"I'm Professor McGonagall, please come with me I'll take you to the Great Hall myself."

"Okay..." I faced Lily, "see you in there."

"Good luck (y/n)." Lily smiled and continued walking

"New friends already?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Yeah...I met Lily at Kings Cross Station."

"Hmm," the professor nodded her head, "are you excited to be at Hogwarts?"

"Yes, a new school is kind of like a new adventure, right?"

"I'm glad you see it that way. Come along now...I want you to be in time for the sorting ceremony." I followed Professor McGonagall and I was still nervous, but it's like I said. A new adventure.

~~~

Professor McGonagall and I got there right when the sorting ceremony began. It was amazing to see all of the smiling faces, and the Great Hall was unreal! The ceiling was breathtaking and I saw Lily and the Marauders at, what I'm assuming, the Gryffindor table. I did a small wave and they did too. The minutes flew by and Headmaster Dumbledore was going to speak.

"Welcome back and to all the newcomers, welcome!" Dumbledore talked about who knows what. Then he finally said... "The first years aren't the only new ones to the school," students began to whisper to one another, "For we have a new student, and she is our first ever transfer student. She's from Ilvermorny, the American school of witchcraft and wizardry." Students got excited and my hands went sweaty. "Everyone please welcome Miss (y/n) (l/n)!" I could hear the Marauders and Lily cheering...well more like screaming. I was walking up to the front and it was weird with everyone staring. I smiled at the Marauders and Lily as I walked passed. Sirius winked at me. Honestly, I blushed a little that time, but I was also red because all of the attention was on me.

I was up front facing the sorting hat.

'Here goes nothing...'

Dumbledore grabbed the hat and I sat down on the stool where all the other students were sorted. Dumbledore placed the hat on my head I welcomed the magical hat into my mind.

'Hello.'

'Hmmm...you're weird.'

'Why thank you good hat' I thought it with a posh voice and then I heard a chuckle in my head.

'Very witty I see...Ravenclaw is an option but you're something more...'

I didn't really think much since I knew that the hat will be able to read my thoughts...

'Known for your academics I see...but you want others to see you as something else...you have big thoughts, but a bigger heart. Determined and brave...'

'I see now...you'll be perfect for...GRYFFINDOR!!!" The sorting hat yelled and the Gryffindor door table roared with cheers. My smile was big and so was Lily's. I was still smiling as I sat next to a dirty blonde haired first year at the end of the table.

"LET THE FEAST BEGIN!" Dumbledore clapped his hands together and food appeared. There was a lot of food. And I mean A LOT of food. Fried chicken, ham, sweets, salad, you name it.

I was happy with my house and I was ready for my new adventure.

This is pretty short but things are going to get better, don't worry ;) Have a good day/afternoon/night!

-turkish delight