Everybody

(Y/N)'s pov

"I hate couples." I quoted, walking around the halls of Hogwarts with the Viragos.

It was Valentine's Day and there were so many couples who gifted red roses and baskets of snacks for their significant other. Mary was one of those people. Her relationship with Adam had grew and she was carrying a big bouquet of daisies.

"You know, most people like to receive roses for Valentine's. However, Adam remembered how daisies were my absolute favorite," Mary smiled happily as the rest of us stared at her unamused.

"Good for you, Mary. You're in a strong and committed relationship," I said, sarcastically. "Now you can stop talking about it."

"Well sorry if you're jealous about my love life," Mary sighed, rolling her eyes.

"Excuse me for interrupting but everything about today is so off," Lily furrowed her eyebrows as she looked around.

"What do you mean?" Marlene asked.

"I mean, Potter is off," she clarified. "I haven't received any gifts from him and it's 10 am."

"Last year James got Lily 15 different gifts in the span of an hour," Dorcas whispered to me.

"He's planning something for sure," Lily huffed, crossing her arms.

"I don't understand," Dorcas said. "Does he really believe that a major gift can just make me fall for him?"

"I'm sure he believed that since 2nd year," Marlene chuckled.

"He just needs to give it up," Lily scoffed.

"Right now, we should just focus on getting to class," I mentioned, picking up my pace.

"You're right," Lily agreed.

"You know today Adam is taking me to Madam Puddifoot's," Mary beamed, proudly.

"Mary, everyone will be there," Dorcas cringed.

"Yeah, all couples go on Valentine's Day," Marlene nodded.

"Well, that means you guys won't be there so not everyone," Mary teased.

"Damn," I laughed. "Brutal."

~~~

James's pov

"James, do you really believe that this major plan is going to make Lily fall for you?" Remus questioned.

"I've been believing since 2nd year," I beamed.

"How do we even know if Lily will stick around for the party?" Peter asked, leaning against the wall.

"She probably won't," Sirius chuckled. "That's the best part."

"Will you guys shut it? I'm trying to think," I snapped, looking at the common room with concentration.

"That's a first," Remus sighed, looking away.

"Sod off, Moony," I groaned, rolling my eyes.

"I thought it was funny," Sirius mumbled with a slight shrug. It was weird. Sirius hardly mumbles.

"Can you guys just try to help?" I asked, hopelessly.

"Fine," Remus huffed, putting his attention back on me. "Lily goes to the library every Wednesday to relax. She should be there after classes and she's there for about an hour."

"Fantastic," I smiled.

"How did you not know that?" Peter questioned. "I thought her schedule was engraved in your mind."