Pre-game Drama

(Y/N)'s pov

It was early morning when I sprang out of bed just to see Marlene standing before me. It was the big day. My first quidditch game at Hogwarts. Best of all, it was against Slytherin.

"Mornin'," Marlene smiled. "Excited for today?"

"How can I not be?" I smirked, standing out of bed. Classes were canceled for today so everyone can prepare themselves for the game. I had so much serotonin and energy, I could hardly stop moving. I slipped on some clothes and my quidditch sweater in the bathroom. I stared at myself proudly in the mirror. I couldn't wait for the game.

"(Y/n)? You ready?" Marlene asked, knocking on the bathroom door. I opened the door widely.

"Ready."

Marlene and I exited the dorm and walked down to the common room. In the common room we saw Gryffindors rumbling around in house colored clothes and makeup. I spotted James and Sirius in the corner of my eye. James was practically jumping up and down with excitement, explaining to Sirius all of his techniques to win. Sirius laid against the wall, unamusingly listening to James. I caught Sirius's attention and he quickly strided to Marlene and I.

"Morning, ladies." Sirius cooly nodded his head.

"Mornin' Black, mornin' Potter." Marlene nodded her head in the same cool manner as Sirius.

Marlene was very interesting and very cool. Marlene would take health classes taught by Madam Pompfrey whenever she could. She would often tell me how Madam Pompfrey has been her idol since day one and how she wishes to be a healer someday. Marlene was very knowledgeable, but also gifted in quidditch. She was an amazing beater, but she would always say that she doesn't see a future with it. She also has an amazing music taste. Marlene was kind and smart. She was her own person.

"Hey Marlene, hey (y/n)." James said, enthusiastically. He was very hyper and wouldn't stop moving -which made his hair even more messy and his glasses fall to the tip of his nose. "Big game today."

"We know," Sirius rolled his eyes, letting out an exaggerated sigh. "You won't shut up about it."

Sirius was telling the truth. Anytime James had the chance to mention the game, he would. He would also try to use his plans to impress Lily, but that didn't work and perhaps never will.

"Merlin's beard, I'm starving," Sirius whined. "James spent the whole bloody morning talking about quidditch."

"Just wait till I'm captain," James winked.

"Wonderful," I fakely smiled, raising my brows.

"Can we get some breakfast? I'm hungry!" Sirius whined, pulling on James's sleeve.

"Yes, yes," the quidditch geek sighed, patting Sirius's head. "We're gonna head over to the Great Hall, wanna come?" James asked, smiling at Marlene and I.

"I can use some bacon before the match." Marlene shrugged, leaving the Gryffindor common room and leading the rest of us to the Great Hall.

~~~

The Great Hall was filled with students. The Gryffindor and Slytherin tables were filled with house pride while the other houses were prepping for the match. Dahlia and the rest of the team sat all the way down the Gryffindor table, whispering to each other and giving the Slytherin quidditch team a few glares.

Over at the Slytherin table, the Slytherin quidditch team was sitting together and the only people I was able to recognize on the team was Regulus and Evan Rosier. Their team had no girls, unlike ours.