Ace of Cups

(Y/N)'s pov

"Are you alright?" I whispered to Regulus. We were still in each other's arms after a few minutes after Regulus let out silent cries. I didn't want to disturb him before, but the cries stopped only seconds ago.

"Sorry." Regulus sniffled, "I don't know what came over me." Regulus pulled away from the hug and wiped his face with his sleeve. We sat across from each other and his eyes were a little puffy from crying and his cheeks were flushed while the rest of his face was pale.

"Regulus...you don't have to apologize. Boggarts can be so realistic...it's terrible."

"My biggest fear is my own mother." He responded bluntly, looking down at the cold, hard floor.

"You deserve so much better, Regulus." I responded, but Regulus continued to stare at the floor.

Ignoring what I said, he asked,
"(Y/n)...am I...dangerous?" Regulus's eyes finally met mine as he finished the question. Sympathy washed over me.

"No...do you think you're dangerous?" I questioned Regulus.

"Of course not...I think." He muttered.

"You think?"

"It's just...what if we get...I don't know...caught or something. What happens then?" Regulus started to fiddle with his fingers.

"We won't get caught. I don't think you're dangerous and the only thing in this room that can really harm us, is locked inside a wardrobe." I said confidently.

"Still-"

"Regulus. Stop. You're not dangerous and that's that."

"Bu-"

"Ah." I said, interrupting him so he won't say anything bad about himself.

"Wel-"

"Ah." I raised my eyebrows at Regulus, "If you try to say anything about this whole 'you being dangerous' thing, I'm only going to interrupt you." Regulus sighed in response, "That's that." I confirmed.

"Fine." Regulus stopped playing with his fingers, "Can we leave this room now?"

"Yeah. We can do some research about getting rid of boggarts."

"Good idea."

I stood up before Regulus and reached out my hand. Regulus grabbed my hand and I pulled him up. We left the room and Regulus locked the door with the locking charm. We walked through the hallway, examining each detail.

"This place is so dirty." Regulus groaned.

"Tergeo." I casted and things started to clean.

"Cleaning charm. Smart." He nodded.

"I know. I'm a genius." I shrugged happily.

"If you were such a "genius", you would've been sorted into Ravenclaw." He crossed his arms.

"I guess my heart is bigger than my head."

"That's debatable. Your head is bigger than others." Regulus shrugged and measured my head with his hands.

"Rude!" I scoffed and slapped him across his chest. "You know, you have larger eyes than most people, but I never said anything about that."

"Yes, but large eyes are charming." Regulus stated, batting his eyes.

"For once you sound like Sirius." I laughed but quickly stopped, realizing who I just mentioned.

'Did I really just say that? Oh Godric!' I mentally face palmed myself. I looked at Regulus but he just smiled and shrugged. 'Oh thank Godric Gryffindor.'