New Adventure

(Y/N)'s pov

I talked to the first years and they were really nice. The dirty blonde hair boy's name was Julian Robinson and his mother was a squib while his father was a no-maj-born. I talked to the first years about Ilvermorny and my experiences. They talked about what subjects they wanted to learn, Julian was very excited to learn about Transfiguration. The first years were easy to talk to, and although people might have thought that it was "uncool" to talk to younger kids, it was very fun. I also had the chance to meet Nearly Headless Nick and he was a very enjoyable ghost...

How I met Sir Nicholas:

I was reaching out to get a scoop of fresh strawberries when as sudden ghost appeared.

"Oh! Uh- hi?" I mumbled.

"Why hello! So you're the transfer student! 'Amazing! Outstanding!' Is what others have said about you and your achievements."

"Wow...I knew I was a good student...but I didn't think I was that good. To be fair, I am the first to transfer here..." I mumbled.

"What was that?" The ghost asked.

"Sorry. I was just thinking aloud. I wonder-" I started but was cut off by Julian.

"You're Nearly Headless Nick!" He exclaimed.

"Please...call me Sir Nicholas."

"Sir Nicholas." I called out and Sir Nicholas looked right at me. "If you don't mind me asking...how can you be nearly headless?" I asked, trying to be polite as possible.

"Like this." He smirked and pulled his head off. Not all the way of course, for it was nearly off. A disgusted look planted on my face and I heard a few 'ew's and 'ugh's from a few people. "Well. I hope you have an extraordinary time here at Hogwarts." Sir Nicholas said as he disappeared.

~~~

Everyone finished their meal and I finally caught up with Lily. I walked along with Lily and Remus while the first years followed (since they were prefects.)

"Watch your step." Lily said

"I'll be fine, besides if I fall at least know I will have some sort of cushion." I looked back and the tiny first years were behind us. Lily laughed and we continued walking up the moving stairs. Lily and I waved at the paintings as we passed by and I noticed that some of them were whispering to each other.

"Alright here we are." Remus said. We were standing in front of a large painting with a beautiful woman.

"Everyone this the Fat Lady. She guards the Gryffindor Tower, in order to get inside you must tell her the password. The password changes every now and then so we'll be there to update you. Any questions?" I wasn't comfortable with calling the woman "the Fat Lady" so I asked...

"What's her name?"

"Pardon?" Remus replied.

"What's her name? I'm sure the beautiful woman in that painting isn't named 'the Fat Lady'."

"Umm why should that matter?"

"Well if you have a name, then you're going want to be called by it. 'The Fat Lady' doesn't sound like a pleasant nickname and I don't think that'll be someone's name."

"Well it's the name of the painting."

"I'm not asking about the name of the painting though. I'm asking about the name of the lady."

"I-"

"What's your name?" I interrupted and I was now talking to the woman.

"Aw, darling," the woman replied, I'm guessing no one ever cared about her in that way, "Elizabeth."