Courtyard

(Y/N)'s pov

"This!" I whispered aloud,
"Alertar. Connect the things you want to use, and when you say, "Alertar (what you want to alert)." It shall alert what you please." One of the books read. My books were set out neatly on a table in the library.

I looked through my bag and found the two rings I grabbed earlier. I placed the rings in front of me. One ring had an oval, blood red ruby that was only a little smaller than a knut. The ring had a thinner brim (compared to its eye-catching ruby), designed with elegant swirls and tiny flowers. The second ring had an obsidian stone, shaped like a circle, with a wide brim designed with a certain design to make it look like it was scales. Both of the rings were out of silver. Rings were the best option to go with since Regulus and I don't go anywhere without at least one on (except for quidditch). I continued with my book.

"Coniunctio is a charm to connect as many items as you please together." I read from my second book.

'I have to place the connection charm on these two rings, give one to Regulus, and if I need to speak to him or if he needs to speak to me, I can simply cast 'Alertar'. Wow, I'm absolutely brilliant.' I smiled at myself and patted my back. I packed all of my things and I checked out my books. I then went over to the courtyard. Not many students were there, a couple making out, and a few first years practicing charms.

My stomach began to flutter. In an hour and a half, I'll be here waiting for Galton Scamander to go on a date. Not any date, but a date with him. My mind started to wander about what we'll do and what to say.

'Focus, (y/n). Focus.' I internally told myself. I walked over to a spot furthest from everybody else and placed my things down.

"Alertar." I practiced the pronunciation and some of the wand movement, "Coniunctio." After ten minutes of practicing, I prepared myself to do the real thing. I grabbed my bag and started searching for the rings.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing?" An individual asked.

I looked up and saw no one other than Sirius Black. I quickly stopped looking through my bag and placed it down.

"Hey Sirius. Um, I'm not doing much," I shrugged, "just practicing charms."

"Got nothing else to do or is this just your idea of fun?" He playfully sneered.

"Very funny." I sarcastically smiled and then rolled my eyes, "You know I'm fun, and you should also know that my academics comes first."

"Yeah unless it comes to Scamander." He said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked with a small smile on my face.

"I mean your date." Sirius smirked.

"How do you-"

"Mary told me."

"Of course she did." I sighed, "Well, what are you doing here?"

"Nothing." He shrugged, "Saw you and thought I should checkup on you, y'know?"

"Yeah okay. Shouldn't you be doing something stupid with the Marauders?"

"Shouldn't you be getting ready for your date?"

"I'm meeting Galton here at 5. I got an hour or so."

"Okay...I'll be on my way then." He smiled, "Quick tip, don't do anything Peter would do." I laughed and he continued, but this time he was more serious (don't.), "If that Scamander kid tries something..."

"Then I'll kick his ass. Easy-peasy." I easily responded. I smirked and Sirius smirked back.

"Easy-peasy." Sirius repeated, "See you around, (y/n)."