Hogsmeade (part 2): Paisley

Remus's pov

"Are they really going to go?" Peter asked worryingly. The Marauders and I were just leaving Zonko's Joke Shop, and were heading off to The Three Broomsticks.

"Of course not." Sirius laughed, "Once they take a glance of the shack, they'll run away."

"No way, Dorcas and (y/n) are brave and stubborn. They're going to go inside, see everything, and will want to learn more. Next thing you know, everybody knows that I'm a monster." I spat, kicking a rock on the ground.

"Moony," Sirius said as I leaned down to face him, "you're not a monster." I opened my mouth to say something but Padfoot cut me off before I could. "You're only a monster on full moons, and even then you're not a monster. You should see yourself when you're with us. You don't want to harm anyone like how real monsters do. You're a marauder. You're bloody fucking Remus Lupin. You're brilliant, Moony." Sirius had a small sparkle in his eyes as he said all those things.

"Okay." I simply responded because I knew if I tried to disagree, Sirius would punch me in the guts.

"Good." Sirius said firmly, and continued to walk.

"I agree with Remus one thing. (Y/n) and Dorcas are stubborn, and they will go inside of the Shrieking Shack." James confirmed.

"Then we'll have to find a way to scare them away." Padfoot rubbed his hands together mischievously and we all looked at each other with a smirk on each of our faces.

~~~

(Y/N)'s pov

The antique shop wasn't cluttered, but it wasn't exactly neat. There were jewelry and teacups, as well as tea pots. There were also some no-maj instruments and no-maj clothing. There was a glass display and it held rare chocolate frog cards. In the back there was old, used, broomsticks that used to soar the sky. There was a few bookshelves that contained both wizard and no-maj books. Paintings were hanged on the walls, and so were old posters.

I looked closely at the teacups that were displayed. They were similar to the ones in the cottage and that made me smile. I traced the teacups with my finger as gentle as possible.

"What do you think you're doing?!" A lady snapped behind me. I turned around to see a scrawny, possibly 50 year old lady with piercing green eyes. She was a brunette and her hair was styled into a braid that circled her head like a crown.

"Uh...sorry." I mumbled, moving my hand away from the teacups.

"Don't you have any consideration for your surroundings? You woke up Darcy!"

"Who's Darcy?" Was the only thing I cared to say. Just then, a spotted  cat-like creature appeared. It was a familiar creature that I've seen in books hundreds of times. "Is that a kneazle?"

"Well it's definitely not a Hippogriff, is it?" The lady sassed -which made me laugh a little.

"Kneazles are highly intelligent. They guard their owner's homes. Sometimes they're aggressive, but they're also independent. They know when someone is untrustworthy." I said, remembering what all of the books that I've read stated. The cat-like creature slowly stepped closer to me. "I've never met one before. They're beautiful." The kneazle looked up at their owner and then back at me. The creature was getting more comfortable. A moment passed until it rubbed against my leg.

"That's Darcy." The lady said after I started to pet Darcy. "Well if Darcy can trust you, so can I." Darcy jumped on an empty shelf and sat down. "The name's Paisley Poppins. What brings you here, love?" Paisley asked and suddenly her piercing eyes became gentle.