Hogsmeade (part 1): Alone

(Y/N)'s pov

"I have an announcement!" Dumbledore's soft voice rang through the Great Hall. I sat up straight, trying my best not to fall asleep. It was the first day of October and the past week of quidditch practice have been tiring, especially with studying for O.W.L.s and homework. Students stopped their murmuring when they heard Dumbledore's voice. "A few weeks ago..." Dumbledore announced, "your very own Miss (Y/n) came up with an idea." Being called out was unexpected and I furrowed my eyebrows. Everyone started to stare at so I did nothing but shrug. I don't remember giving Dumbledore any ideas. Dumbledore cleared his throat to grab everyone's attention again, "She suggested Hogwarts should have a ball." It all came back again and I smiled.

'Are we really going to have a ball?!'

"It took me some time to decide, but I've made my decision. We will have a Halloween masquerade ball called the 'Midnight Ball'." Everyone started to whisper excitedly. "It's at 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. on Halloween night and it'll be here, in the Great Hall. Remember, it's a ball, your outfit requires to be a ballgown or dress robes. You mustn't forget to wear your masquerade mask. Before you can ask, of course you can bring dates to the ball." Dumbledore smiled while everyone kept nudging each other and smile ear-to-ear. "That's all I have to say, enjoy your dinner." Food finally appeared and everyone began to serve themselves.

"(Y/n), I don't know what this school would do without you." Marlene smiled as she served herself some peas.

"So, Evans...need a date?" James winked at Lily as she stared blankly at him. Lily fixed her hair and sipped some water to get herself in character.

"Yes actually, do you know anyone that's worthy of taking me?" Lily asked, batting her eyes.

"Totally," James smirked, "he's name starts with a 'J' and he's fantastic quidditch player. Forgot to mention, very good looking and charming." I facepalmed myself and Lily rolled her eyes.

"You mean Jasper?" Lily questioned and James's facial expression changed, "Hufflepuff's quidditch team's keeper?" Lily and I looked back at the 6th year, dirty blonde Hufflepuff.

"He's not bad." I shrugged, looking back at James, then at Lily. "You guys would look nice together." I raised my eyebrows.

"I second that." Lily smirked and then started to eat her mashed potatoes. I looked at James and he gave me a 'you're-dead-to-me' sort of look. I gave him a 'you-know-you-love-me' type of expression.

"But where will we get ball gowns and dress robes?" I asked and took a sip of my pumpkin juice.

"There is a formal clothing store in Hogsmeade. Our trip to Hogsmeade is in 2 weeks, we can go look for dresses together!" Mary suggested and nodded my head in agreement.

"I much rather wear suit than a gown." Marlene mentioned.

"That sounds cool. Nothing is stopping you, you should totally wear a suit." I encouraged.

"I seconth thath too!" Lily said with her mouth full of mashed potatoes.

~~~

My eyes popped open. It was finally the day. My first Hogsmeade trip. The past couple weeks have been the same -as if someone has been playing my life on repeat. Classes, quidditch practice, James asking Lily to be his date, Lily rejecting him, homework, studying, visiting Regulus on Sundays, and of course, sleep.

Some students had dates for the Midnight Ball already. Mary is going with 7th year Ravenclaw, Adam Posy. The word travels fast when someone gets a date -the paintings like to gossip. According to them, Galton doesn't have a date yet. Not that it matters, but it's good to know.