Chapter 25

[Chapter 25]

"Am I doing this right Soda? The water doesn't look like its even close to boiling." Or rather, it doesn't look to be boiling at all.

Soda took a look at the stove, letting out a short chuckle he then looked back at me. "Cordy, you're real cute and all but did you think about turning the stove on first?"

Well that made sense. I looked up at him and pouted, trying to distract my kitchen illiteracy with cuteness. "Do you still like me?"

"Of course I do. It was an honest silly mistake. How about we switch roles? You do the rest of the choppin' and I'll man the stove." 

"Sounds like a plan!" Kissing his cheek we did just that and the rest of the time had flown by without a hitch.

Dinner ended up coming out great, though that didn't surprise me much knowing now how great of a teacher Soda was.

"It was real nice of you to come over and help out with Dinner Cordy." Darry had said with a warm and welcoming smile. "Much appreciated."

"It's no problem really. I'm just glad it gave me an excuse to spend more time with Soda." My remaining time here was pretty limited so I wanted to make the most of it.

"Ain't she a doll?" Soda had playfully given my thigh a squeeze from under the table and I nearly jumped in response the the sudden action.

"Just glad you seem happy again." Pony had nodded.

"So, Pony. You're birthday's coming up real quick. Anything you wanna do for your special day?" Soda had asked.

"To be honest I was hoping all of us could go out camping. My birthday is on a Saturday this year so none of you guys will have work the day of or the day after." Pony had mentioned.

"It's been a while since we've gone. Should be a lot of fun!" Soda had seemed excited for Pony's birthday but I felt a bit out of place since I had never gone before.

"You ever go camping before, Cordy?" Darry had asked me.

I shook my head no. "I've never been."

"Well I'm sure you'd like it." He reassured me. "Just a night with your best friends, away from everyone else and modern civilization in a nice and peaceful environment."

"With those boys I'm sure its anything but peaceful." I had joked.

(Soda's Perspective)

After we ate and cleaned up it was about time I take Cordy on home. She sat in the passenger seat, she was quiet so I assumed she must be tired.

"You doing okay, kitten?"

She perked up immediately after I started speaking to her. She looked at me and smiled. "I'm good, just sad to see tonight end. I wish I could spend more time with you."

"You'll see me tomorrow morning, wont you?"

"Yeah, with Steve monitoring our every move." She reminded me.

What she wanted was more alone time and I was more than happy to give it to her. "Well I can pull over if you want. I don't got to take you home just yet."

"Pull over? For?"

"You want more us time, don't you?"

I knew she had gotten shy from my suggestion, and I'm sure she was just nervous about being a certain way with me. But I had no plans in going all the way with her tonight.