Chapter 34

[Chapter 34]

(Cordelia's Perspective)

Waking up with a pounding in my head and zero recollection of the night before I was glad to find myself in my room dressed in the same clothes as yesterday.

I shouldn't have been so careless last night with my drinking. What the hell is wrong with me?

I debated the possibility of staying in bed for longer but the feeling of absolute disgust that had overwhelmed me had forced me to get up.

Trying no to drag my feet in the process I grabbed a new set of clothes and  made my way to the bathroom to freshen up.

The warm water only slightly helped with my headache. I would've stayed in that shower all day but I knew I had to get out sometime and move on with the day. Shutting off the stream I stepped out and dried off with a towel before clothing myself and brushing my teeth.

Exiting the bathroom I then made my way into the kitchen. Steve had to have headache medicine in one of the cabinets right?

Though to my surprise, as soon as I walked in I nearly jumped in freight not expecting anyone to be there. Especially not him. "You nearly gave me a heart attack! What are you doing here?!"

"Well good morning to you too, princess. I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say you don't remember anything that happened last night." Dallas wore a smug and knowing grin so whatever he knew that I didn't must not have been good.

I thought long and hard but to no avail I came up with nothing. "Not a clue."

"Want me to fill you in then?"

I had a feeling of dread but I was curious. Bracing myself for the worst I nodded.

I was right to worry. Dallas seemed to have a great and vivid recollection of last nights events and didn't spare me any of the embarrassing details.

By the end of hearing what he had to say I wanted to bury myself alive.

"Honestly princess you were such a handful. Even called me daddy at one point."

"Okay, now I know you're taking advantage of the situation and made that up." Id never call him that, would I? Not like I could remember if I had but still.

"I could've made up the whole story but that one detail is the only thing that you refuse to believe?"

I was stubborn to hold my ground on this one. "It just sounds ridiculous. How do I know you didn't just throw that in there for fun. Maybe being called that name gives you some sort of sick kick."

"Princess you of all people should know what I like being called when-" He cut himself off short and unwilling to finish.

But I of course pressed on. "When what?"

"That's beside the point. You wanted the truth so I'm telling you the truth. Word of advice, watch how much you drink next time. You may not feel anything at first but It'll hit you before you know it."

"I think I'll stay away from drinking for a good long while but thanks. Still you haven't explained what you're doing here."

"Well after the party I drove Two-bit home then you and Steve. Since it was late Steve offered me to stay the night. Since he went straight to bed I had to carry you inside since you were half asleep and tried to nap in my car."

"Well that's better than how the rest of the night went at least." I wanted to let out a sigh of relief but his face was telling.

He was smirking at me as if I said funny. "Guess again."