Chapter 2: Day at The DX

[Chapter 2]

Dinner with the Curtis brothers was nothing but a great way to end my first night here. Though I knew Soda from childhood, tonight was my first time meeting the other two brothers, Darry and Pony. Both of which were as kind to me as they were handsome.

I made sure to show my gratitude for their hospitality by helping out in cleaning up the kitchen. Once everthing was washed, dried, and put away, Pony and Darry had said their good nights and retreated to their designated rooms while Steve had made his way to the restroom. This of course had left just Soda and I in the kitchen together.

"Im in no way complaining here but you really didnt have to help out in cleaning this place up. My brothers and I could've handled it ourselves."

I shook my head, "Its the least I could do. You all were nothing but welcoming towards me and I just wanted to show my thanks in any way that I could."

Soda grinned and took a step forward in my direction, closing in some of the space between us."Well Im sure my brothers appreciate it as much as I do. Usually if we have guests over for dinner its the rest of the gang and lets just say they could take some notes from you on how to work on their table manners."

"Much like my cousin?" I joked. Soda laughed, not denying my assumption he had nodded his head. "That boy really hadnt changed much since when we were kids."

"Not a bit." Soda agreed. "But you, you've changed a lot since the last time Ive seen you. Except for that ribbon of yours. Is it the same one that. . ." He took a closer look at my hair accessory. Smiling while feeling the fabric between his fingers I assumed he remembered the moment he had given it to me. "You really kept it after all these years?"

I nodded. "I did." How could I have ever gotten rid of it?

"It sure does bring back old memories of our little backyard adventures. I remember when you lost your original ribbon. You had these big, sad puppy dog eyes, well I knew I had to do something." He pinched my cheek in a dotting manner. "You were like the younger sister I never had. Couldn't bare seeing you so upset."

The bathroom door had opened, Soda creating space between us while Steve had came into our view. "Alright Cordy, we'll be heading out now. Sodapop, Ill see you tomorrow."

"See ya' buddy." After saying his goodbyes to Steve, Soda had turned his attention back to me, "I guess I'll see you around sometime."

"I'll be looking forward to it." Pulling me into a hug I could feel the warmth emanating from Soda's chest. I had wanted to sink into it but knew it wasnt wise to do so." Thank you again for your hospitality tonight."

"Anytime. Its been a pleasure getting to see you again. Goodnight, Cordelia."

May 27th

The beckoning of my name had forced me out of bed and follow the voice that had called to me. Steve really couldve just came to my room instead of hollering for me first thing in the morning.

Half asleep my movements were rather sluggish but eventually I had found myself standing in the kitchen with Steve who stood by the counter wearing a mechanics uniform. "Mornin' sunshine. You look. . . Terrible. Like youve been mauled by a grizzly bear in your sleep or something."

"Well that was kind of harsh." Feeling slightly offended by his comment I decided to change the subject. "Whats with the uniform?

"Heading out soon for work. Get dressed or youre staying home alone today while Im out. You got twenty minutes before I have to leave." He informed me.