Chapter 12

[Chapter 12: The run and go]

[Dally's Perspective]

I searched the bar for her, pushing through the crowd in hopes to find her soon. All the while I had to avoid being knocked over in the mess that I made. Dodging several loose swings and punches it was hard to stay focused on what was important here.

Frantically my eyes scanned the room in every direction, hoping she wasn't hurt. "CORDY!" It was the first time I called her by her first name, but I was desperate.

"Dally! There you are! Have you seen Cordy?" Steve had pulled me aside, nothing but worry was seen in the guy's eyes.

"No, I've been lookin' all over for her." I told him.

"Well if you see her, bring her back to me, alright?" Steve had left shortly after in a rush to continue his search.

Think Dallas. If I was her, where would I be hiding?

Then it struck me. It was just so obvious.

I made my way to the restroom, opened the door and sure enough found her there, pacing around with a worrisome look on her face.

My abrupt entrance seemed to startle her and her eyes widened, reminding me of a deer in headlights.

"Dallas? How did you-"

"Lucky guess." Recounting the last time she went missing I remembered finding her in front of the restroom. Sure enough I assumed that I'd find her there again.

A wrinkle creased her brow. "You came looking for me?"

"Don't get a fat head over it, alright? I told Steve I'd find you and bring you back to him. Now let's go and get you out of here." I held her by the hand and made sure she stayed close behind me as we exited the restroom. Sirens were heard from outside the building and I knew then and there we had to make a run for it. There was no time to look for Steve and bring her back to him. We had to go now.

"There he is officer! He's the one who started this mess!" The bar owner pointed in my direction and without a second thought I made a run for it and headed for the back entrance as the princess tried her best to keep up with my speed.

Making it outside we continued to run as footsteps were heard behind us chasing after. "Stop now you two!" One of the fuzz demanded.

"Gonna have to catch us first!" With my free hand I knocked over a curbside garbage-bin behind me in hopes it'd give us more time to stay ahead of the chase.

I glanced over at my bonnie and gave her a wink. "You liking the taste of being on the wild side for once?"

"Steve is going to kill me if we get caught!" She answered while glancing behind us.

"We wont get caught, just keep following my lead!" I instructed her. "Keep your eyes forward and just run."

She nodded and we quickened our pace.

Running down the streets, making several twists and turns we struggled to find a place of hiding until my eyes caught sight of the perfect spot to fit the two of us. A nook between two buildings, right where the street lamps didn't shine their light. I pulled her in close and kept her out of sight as we hid in the shadows. "Stay put and don't make a sound."

She nodded and did exactly as advised and soon enough the guys ran right past us. As soon as the sound of the chase had faded away, all I heard was the sound of our beating chests and heavy breathing. It was an adrenaline high, one I haven't experienced in a while, and she was there with me.