Chapter 8: Winston

[Chapter 8]

After what had happened between Soda and I, I had found myself in the restroom trying my best to calm myself down. Smudged mascara with grey tear stained cheeks I looked as awful as I felt.

A horrible feeling of both regret and self hatred was eating up at me, and I couldn't stand it. I couldn't stand myself.

Soda probably hates me and he has every right to.

The thought that I had ruined everything between Soda and I, the history and memories we shared, had made me sick to my stomach, and it was all my fault. Could he ever forgive me for the way I acted?

Cleaning up the smudges and fixing my makeup, I was finally able to then leave the restroom I had sheltered myself in. My breathing, now steadier than it was just minutes ago I had tried my best in remaining calm to prevent myself from having another break down.

Where to now? Could I go back and face the others? What if Soda was still out there?

Lost in thought I was completely unaware of the attention I had unknowingly brought to myself. "Haven't seen you around here before? You lost little lady?" I turned my head in the direction the voice had came from only to find a male whose cheeks were flushed and eyes reddened, probably from drinking I suppose.

I shook my head. "No, I'm just looking for my boyfriend." Believable excuse right? "He should be around here somewhere."

The guy scoffed, apparent that my plan to get him to back off didn't go as I had hoped it would. "Why look for him when you can just hang out and have some fun with me?"

My heart nearly dropped from my chest. I became nervous, fearful he'd soon become more assertive judging by his words. "Hard pass but I really have to be going-"

Taking hold of my wrist he pulled me closer to him. "What's the rush? We just started talking and already you're trying to leave? Where's the fun in that?" His breath was hot against my cheek and wreaked of alcohol.

"Get your hands off of me!" I demanded while trying my best to pry his hand from my wrist.

"Hey man! Hands off the girl!" I turned my head after hearing a familiar voice. Spotting Dallas, a wave of relief had washed over me.

Never thought I'd be as happy to see him as I was in that very moment. The guy had loosened his grip, giving me the chance to escape from his hold. As soon as I had, I had quickly ran to Dallas' side and wrapped an arm around his waist.

He looked at me and made a face due to my closeness to him. "This guy here was just giving me trouble, hun." I gave him a look which pleaded, nearly begging for him to play along.

"This is your girl, Winston?" The blitzed party-goer had asked.

Dallas had luckily got the hint I was throwing at him. Catching on to the situation at hand he had given me a slight reassuring nod, "She is. Try anything on her again and I wont so much as hesitate to punch your face in. Now beat it!"

As soon as the guy had backed off and left the two of us alone I had soon released Dallas from my hold.

"You alright, kid? He didn't touch you did he?" Was this genuine concern from the Dallas Winston?

I shook my head. "No, just grabbed my wrist but nothing else luckily. Thank you for playing along by the way."

"Take it as a 'I scratch your back you scratch mine' kind of deal." Of course there was a catch to it.

I tried my best at not rolling my eyes at him. "And here I thought you were helping me purely out of the goodness of your heart."

He grinned, "Do you even know me?"I did as much as crack a weak smile only for him to ask me another question. "So, where have you been? You completely stormed off back there after Soda's broad embarrassed you."