Chapter 42

「Chapter 42」

(Cordelia's Perspective)

My heart dropped in my chest once I had heard Sodas voice call out to us.

I was well aware of how bad Dallas and I had looked being here together. Sure we didn't do anything wrong, but being here with him wearing the same clothes as yesterday night where we were seen leaving the celebration together would've raised more than a few suspicions.

It also didn't help that Soda and Dallas didnt  seem to be on good terms as of lately. I feared this would've only added to whatever drama they had between them.

Approaching the two of us he seemed rightfully concerned. "Cordy? Dallas? What are you two doin' here?" Those expressive blue eyes of his were focused mainly on me as he waited for an answer.

"We were just . . ." I looked over at Dallas hoping he'd chime in with a believable enough excuse.

Catching my uneasiness Dallas had finished my explanation for me. "We're just getting breakfast, same as you and your girl over there. That alright with you?"

"It would be if it didn't look like you two were sneakin' off just now. By the way, why is it just you two? Where's Clark?"

"Hes back at the hotel. Sick." That excuse workerd last night, hopefully it was consistent enough to be believable.

"Not that thats really any of your concern." Dallas added

"It is my concern since Cordy here is my friend and I want to make sure shes not makin' any bad decisions."

"Bad decisions?" Dallas let out an amused yet sarcastic laugh. "And what do you mean by that exactly?"

"I think you know exactly what I mean.'

"Cordy can make her own decisions. She doesnt need her ex telling her what she can and can't do."

"Enough already!" I lost control of the volume of my voice and yelled at the guys. The way these two have been going at it the past few days I was here had left me feeling fed up.

Both men seemed startled by my outburst, and maybe I shouldn't have raised my voice so much, at least not in some place so public.

Noticing the attention we got from the other customers at the diner I instantly felt myself go red in the face. Dallas took notice of this as well and tried to avoid the situation from getting any more heated "Lets just get out of here. I dont want to cause a bigger scene than weve already made."

I agreed with him and made my way towards the exit right behind him

Trying to stop me Soda took my hand in his from behind. "Cordy wait-"

"You're here on a date aren't you? You should get back to her. It's not very nice to keep a girl waiting. I promise we'll talk later just now isn't really the time."

Whatever the issue was between Soda and Dallas, it could wait to be addressed. Preferably somewhere less public.

Though Soda was still noticeably concerned he agreed with me "You're right. Im sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me."

"I know you only mean well Soda. You always do." I smiled at him briefly hoping it'd convince him I wasnt fully upset with him. "I'll call you later tonight, yeah?"

He nodded. His eyes looked over at Dallas once more. Saying nothing he headed back over to his date who looked to be confused about everything that had gone down.

I brought my attention back to Dallas who was already halfway out the door.

I hurried after him to meet back up at his car.