Chapter 35

「Chapter 35」

(Cordelia's Perspective)

Dallas peered over at Soda's car before turning his attention back to me. "I should probably leave you to it and get back home."

Already? "You're leaving?"

"You don't need me here princess. You and your ex need to talk, especially after your little incident last night."

"But-"

"No buts. You'd just be wasting what time you have left on me anyways. You got someone in there who is probably dying to see you. You should go to him."

I wasn't ready to say bye to him yet, but Dallas was right. I had to talk to Soda.

After a less than personal goodbye I found myself heading back towards the house with Dallas driving off sometime after I made it to the front door. Once there I felt my stomach begin to turn. My heart began to race upon the thought of seeing Soda again making me hesitant on entering back into the house.

Relax Cordy. It's just Soda. . .

I took in a deep breath while my hand grasped onto the doorknob, "Here goes nothing."

It didn't take long upon entering that my eyes had met with his. Those wild blue eyes that had such a strong and inexplainable effect on me.

Seeing him again I felt my heart stop. I wasn't sure what to feel. He still held an important place in my heart, that was undeniable. Should I say something to him or let him speak first?

"Cordy! I didn't know you were out." He thankfully took initiative.

"I didn't know you were going to show up." I admitted. "I was out with Dallas grabbing some food for breakfast."

There was a clear change in his demeanor and expression. His eyebrows furrowed with a clear look of concern in his expressive eyes. "Didn't think you and Dallas were that close of friends."

Was that jealousy in his voice? I brushed it off and shifted the attention back to him. "So, I hope you don't take this the wrong way but what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home sick?"

Releasing the tension from his shoulders Soda seemed embarrassed almost. "I'm not sick, never was to begin with. Yesterday I couldn't bring myself to see you. I was still hurtin' from. . ." He didn't seem to want to finish his sentence. "I'm sorry I had Pony lie for me."

"Not like I hadn't used the same lie before." I took a seat beside Soda on the sofa, keeping a fairly safe distance away from him.

I hate how awkward I felt around him now that we were no longer together. His eyes were sad, apologetic and staring straight into mine. "I just couldn't bring myself to face you, but I realized that if I didn't see you before you left I'd end up regretting it."

So that's why he showed up out of the blue.

"I still care for you a great deal. Even if I can't be your man anymore, I'd still like for us to get back to how things were before we dated."

Was that even possible? "It'll be hard to ever see you as just a friend again." Especially after everything we've done. But then again if Dallas and I could do it then why cant Soda and I? "But I'm not opposed to trying." I wanted it to work. I didn't want to lose him completely.

" Cordy. . ." Soda seemed to struggle to figure out what to say next. Instead he let his actions do the talking.

Again I got to feel his arms wrapped tightly around me and I caved. Hugging him back I savored this moment. I didn't realize just how bad I had missed and craved his touch. "Take care of yourself, alright kitten?"