Chapter 14

[Chapter 14: Movies and Cars]

I laid in bed snuggled up in light sheets reading Gatsby under my bedside lamp. My eyes grew tired and a yawn effortlessly escaped me. 'Just a few more minutes and then I'll go to bed', I kept repeating to myself knowing well enough that that statement was a lie.

Glancing over at the alarm clock beside me the time read a little over half past eleven. I let out a sigh and marked my page with a strip of paper and set it down beside me. About to turn off the lamp, to my complete surprise or more so terror, tapping was heard right outside my window.

My heart stopped before it began to race as I hoped my ears were only playing tricks on me. Again the tapping sounded followed after by a voice.

"Princess? I thought I told you to leave your window open!" Though somewhat muffled it was obvious to me who the culprit was.

Though annoyed at this realization I reluctantly opened the window up for him.

Dallas had made his way inside while I stood before him, waiting to hear whatever it is his reason for coming here was. "Miss me doll face?" He asked, though I refused to budge to his sweet-talk.

"What are you doing here? Did your date stand you up?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Well since you must know, I'm actually here to pick her up."

I'm his date? "You must be joking, right? I didn't agree to that."

"Thought you caught my drift when I told you to leave your window unlocked tonight after I said I'd be on a date. You know, for a smart girl you can be dense sometimes. Now put on some shoes, I'm taking you out to see a midnight movie." He sat on the bed while he waited on me to comply.

I displayed my night time attire to him using my hands. A loose silk tank and matching shorts. "I'm in my pajamas, Dallas."

"It'll be dark there anyways. No ones gonna see you."

"That's not the point! My point is that you can't just show up here and demand I go out with you. Especially not at this hour!" I would've yelled at him, had it not been for the fact that Steve was sleeping in the room across from mine.

"My apologies your highness. Guess I forgot that you don't have a sense of spontaneity." If it weren't for that signature smirk of his I would've been offended. He was challenging me, and he knew I hated to prove him right.

I grabbed my white shoes and began to put them on. I looked up at him while doing so and saw the corners of his mouth form a smile. "Don't you have work tomorrow?"

"I work nights this week." He briefly stated. "So I'll be free during the day time if you're interested."

I got up to my feet, "Is that so?"

Dallas nodded and removed his leather jacket. "There's a bit of a cold wind outside. You'll probably need this more than I would." He placed it over my shoulders and began his way back to the window while I turned off the light.

"Wow. Didn't take you to be such a gentleman." I said as I followed after.

"Am not. I just didn't want to hear you whining about being cold tonight."

In all honesty I didn't expect much from Dallas tonight. I assumed he'd use tonight as a way to get handsy but my assumptions had turned out to be wrong. "I'm gonna go buy a few snacks. You want anything?"

"No thanks. I already brushed."

"So one coke and a large popcorn? I'll be right back." He joked. At least I hope he was joking.