Chapter 37

「Chapter 37」

(Dally's perspective)

With Steves big day coming up the guys and I promised to set up the recption area for his wedding a day in advance.

After the others set up tents and tables Two and I were left to clean and set up the chairs. That being said we were last to leave giving us time to chat in private.

Getting everything 'nice and pretty' as promised my mind was busy being occupied by what was to come and the regret of what happened last weekend at Steves bachelor party.

"So. Any idea what you're gonna say to her?" Two had asked. Damn guy must've read my mind.

I let out an annoyed sigh. "Not a damn clue."

"After that little chat you two had I'm sure she's gonna want some answers. I mean for heavens sake you told her a year back that what happened between you two was well over. Poor girl must be confused."

"I know." I still can't believe I let myself actually call her and say all that shit to her. Couldn't believe Two had even given me her number that night knowing I was far past sober to make any rational decisions. "I feel like such an idiot."

"To be honest when you told me what happened I was surprised. Knowin' you I really thought you would've been over her by now. Must've been great in bed for you to still be hung up on her for over a year." He joked, though I didn't really find his comment about her all too funny so I gave him a good hard shove to the side.

"I am not still hung up on her. I just wasn't thinking straight that night."

He rolled his eyes not seeming to believe anything that came out of my mouth. Not that I could blame him. Hell I didn't even believe it myself. "Whatever you say Dal. Just hurry up so we can get on to Steve's place already."

(Cordelia's perspective)

After dropping our things off at the hotel I got ready to see the guys as I promised Steve I would during our phone-call a few nights back.

Clark however seemed less than eager to go. "I'm jet lagged Cordelia. Do we really have to go?"

"I already promised them I would. If you want to stay here thats fine, but I'm not going to back out of a promise."

Though I'm sure my answer wasn't one he had hoped for he didn't fight me on the matter. "Will you be out long?"

"I'm not sure. We'll have to see how the night goes."

"So this ex of yours, will he be there tonight as well?"

Shouldve seen that question coming. Cant blame him for asking, I would too if the roles were reversed. "He is my cousins best friend so Im going to assume that yes, he most likely will be there." Judging by his silence I could tell he wasnt pleased with my response. "Clark you know I didn't come back to Tulsa to reconnect with my ex."

"I know but is he aware of that? How can I be sure he isn't going to try anything." It bothered me the type of person he thought that Soda could have been. He couldn't have been farther from the truth.

"He wouldnt." Clark was exactly the kind of man Soda wanted me to be with. It wouldnt make sense for him to try and get in the way of what he felt was right for me. "We have a history, but what happened in the past is done with." Much like what happened between Dallas and I. Or at least I thought as much. Now I wasnt so sure.

Which reminds me. How the hell was I going to face him today?

(Dally's perspective)