Chapter 24

[Chapter 24]

(July 18th)

Instead of hanging out with the rest of the gang I spent my lunchtime with Soda and Steve at the DX. I wanted to make them something to eat but given my lack of talent in the kitchen Steve had strongly advised me not to.

'Geez Cordy! You just started datin' the guy and already you're tryna kill him?' Were his exact words. I wasn't offended, but I did give him a good smack to the chest for what he said.

That being said, we were now eating pre-packaged sandwiches from the mini mart inside the DX. They weren't the best but they were convenient and pretty cheap. "You really should've let me make you boys something for lunch, Steve." I commented.

Steve laughed loudly in a short singular burst. "Get Soda to teach you how to cook first and I'll consider eatin' somethin' you made." 

"You don't know how to cook?" Soda had asked me. 

"I was never given the chance to learn. My parents always paid people to do everything for me so that I never had to do anything really." I briefly explained to him.

"Sometimes I forget you grew up completely different from Steve and I." Soda commented. "Well don't worry Cordy, I'll be more than happy to teach you anythin' I can about cookin'. Thanks for the date idea, Steve." 

"Should've kept my fat mouth shut." Steve had muttered to himself. "But you know, while you're at it you should teach her your chocolate cake recipe." 

Soda wrapped an arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head. "How about it kitten? I'll take you home with me after work today and we can practice cookin' then." 

Did he just call me kitten? "That sounds perfect. Is that alright with you Steve?"

"I guess so." He answered unenthusiastically. "Just stop bein' all cute in front of me. It's grossin' me out."

Soda had smirked at Steve. He then looked at me, and I knew he was plotting something. With his free hand he had held me by my chin and pulled me into a kiss much to Steve's discomfort.

I was still getting used to the idea that Soda was now my boyfriend, so I still got so shy every time he had touched or kissed me. Though, I'm not one to complain. I loved every second of it.

Steve had wadded up his napkin and threw it right at us before getting up from where he sat. "Be right back.. I'm gonna go throw up lunch."

He was always so overly dramatic. "We really should be more mindful of Steve." I told Soda.

"Cordy, I've been hiding how I've felt for you all summer for the sake of mine and Steve's friendship. He said it was fine with him and now that you're my girl, if I want to kiss you, then I'm going to kiss you no matter who's watchin'."

It's still so crazy to me how Soda's felt this way for me all this time. I mean there were moments where I questioned his feelings for me as something more than just friendship, but I'd always brush it off or make myself believe otherwise.

Who knew we'd actually make it this far.

After the boys finished up their lunch break it was back to work time. Business was pretty slow today but lucky for me that had only meant that I got to spend more time just enjoying Soda's company.

An occasional female patron would come along but each time they had Soda would make it known that he had eyes only for me. 

"Ain't that Twos car?" Steve had asked while looking down the narrow road.