Chapter 21

「Chapter 21」

(Cordelia's perspective)

"Sylvia? What the hell do you think you're doing with her?!" Before she was able to strike me again, Dallas had luckily came rushing to the scene.

"Well, Dally. It's great seeing you again. I'm just teaching your little girlfriend here a lesson." She took hold of my hair, pulling it back and towards her.

"Get your hands off her right now or I swear to god I'm going to-"

"Going to what?" She challenged him.

Dallas was quiet. She looked satisfied with herself and smirked. "That's what I thought. Anyways, I've had my fun. I'll be seeing you two around, and Dally's friend? Remember what I told you."

Releasing me from her hold I quickly ran towards Dallas who gladly took me into his arms.  Sylvia had left the two of us alone and made her way towards the exit.

Dallas created some space between us, turning me around to face him. Holding me by my shoulders he looked me straight in the eyes. The look of concern on his face was one I was all too familiar with. This wasn't the first time he's come to my rescue as pathetic as that made me seem. "I saw you and that broad around the corner right before she smacked you. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Thank you for getting rid of her." I didn't want to worry him any further than he already was so I downplayed what had happened and how hard she had hit me. My face still stung from her hand striking it.

"What did she tell you? Did she threaten you?!"

"You two okay?" Pony had came to the scene, followed after by Two-bit and Johnny as well.

"We saw Sylvia leave just now? What happened?" Johnny had asked.

"Did she hurt you Cordy? I know a group of tough greaser girls who can take care of her for you." Two had offered, but I shook my head not wanting to escalate the issue further.

"She assumed Dallas and I were seeing each-other, so she started to act out without listening to reason." I briefly explained. "I'm lucky Dallas showed up in time before she left me with worse than just a slap."

"I think its best if I drive her back to the DX. Who knows if that broad is gonna bother coming back again." Dallas had brought up.

"Is that what you want Cordy?" Two had asked. "We can take care of her for you if she comes back."

I nodded. I had no idea what that girl was truly capable of, but judging by the guys concern it couldn't be good. "I think it's best if I leave now with Dallas. I'm sorry I have to cut things short here."

"There's no need to be sorry, Cordy. It ain't your fault." Johnny reassured me, but I still felt at blame. Dallas and I were messing around, and if we weren't then this Sylvia girl wouldn't have bothered with me and worried the guys.

"I'll uhm, I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow." Dallas and I had left shortly after.

Once we were back in his car we stayed  in the parking lot for a short while to talk about what had just happened.

(Dally's perspective)

"She told me I should be careful around you and how you've hurt her while you two were together. She said you cheated on her during your relationship." Cordy explained, looking uncomfortable with repeating that damn broads words.

"That's rich coming from her." That damn liar. I think she got who cheated on who confused here. "Don't tell me you believed that girl."

Cordy rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "Don't be ridiculous. I know she was just putting up a front to get me to stay away from you."