Chapter 11

[Chapter 11: The Fight]

"You did it Cordy!" Soda nearly jumped out of his seat in excitement, ran towards me and engulfed me in a tight hold before swinging me around in joy.

"She's still in last place." Diane reminded us, but I didn't care about her comment or my first bowling strike. The feel of Sodas arms around me was all that had mattered to me in that moment.

"You can put her down now, buddy." Steve, sounding somewhat irritated, had caused Sodas smile to cease.

Setting me back on my feet Soda had nervously chuckled. "Right. Sorry, Cordy. Just got a little carried away was all."

"It's alright. I didn't mind it. So anyone up for food?" I asked, trying my best to ease the now obviously tense atmosphere.

"I'm actually ready to head on home now." Diane informed us while grabbing her purse.

"Already? But it's only eight." Soda said with eyes that read nothing but confusion

"And I'm tired." She replied. I tried my hardest to suppress an annoyed groan. Of course she had to ruin the fun so early into the night.

Soda turned to the rest of us. "I guess that's my cue to leave. I'll see you guys at work tomorrow."

"See ya, bud. I guess we should be heading home too, Cordy." Steve replied while turning to me.

I turned my attention to Pony. "You leaving too?"

He nodded, pulling out his car keys he twirled them around two fingers. "Might as well since everyone else is heading out. See ya' around."

"See ya'." I waved him goodbye and let out a quiet sigh.

Looking down at my feet I was reminded that there was at least one good thing about the night coming to an end already, and that was getting the hell out of these monstrosities.

On the way back home, Steve was uncharacteristically quiet, an odd change for someone who almost always has something to say about any thing.

"You have fun tonight?" I asked, deciding to finally break this awkward silence.

"Tell me somethin' Cordy. You don't think Soda was acting pretty odd tonight do ya'?"

Confused, I pushed him to further clarify. "What do you mean by that?"

He fell silent again for a bit before finally answering me. "Never-mind. It ain't important."

Though, still very much so confused, I refrained myself from asking him any more questions. Something was obviously bothering him, I just wasnt sure what.

[June 20th]

"Twenty two?! You're such an old man Two-bit." I joked with great exaggeration. "My my, do I need to start calling you old man Mathews from now on?"

"You're real cute you know that, sweetheart?" Two smiled while pinching my cheek.

"Its kinda gross that an old guy such as yourself is always hitting on someone as young as princess here." Dallas smirked. "Don't ya' think?

"She don't mind." Two had then proceeded to wrap an arm around my shoulders slyly, "Besides, the chicks dig older men."

Dallas rolled his eyes. "Well from what I've noticed the girl sure does love the attention. Speaking of which, you ask her how her date went with Pony the other night?"

"It wasn't a date " I stated, maybe a bit too defensively.

"Of course not. Not when you got all cozy with Soda that night as well." Dallas said harshly.