Chapter 22

[Chapter 22]

My eyes caught sight of a pack of familiar  and unwelcoming faces. Those guys who gave the boys and I trouble at DQ were also here tonight accompanied by a girl whose face I couldn't quite see.

I decided to slump down in my chair, worried they were gonna see me and potentially cause trouble for Soda and I tonight.

Once Soda had came back he questioned my odd posture. "You alright there?"

"Yeah, just. . ." I had no idea what believable excuse to give him because there were none. I decided to change the subject instead. "Are those red vines?"

"You said just a coke and popcorn but I know you girls better than that." He commented, and he was right.

"Well it'd be a shame to have them go to waste." Happily I retrieved the items he had brought me, thanking him for doing so.

He took a seat beside me, by now it started to get dark so my worry of being spotted and recognized had eased.

We sat there enjoying the movie with the others around us. The blanket he had brought was wrapped around my shoulders, it was a good thing too seeing that the wind began to pick up as we watched the film before us.

My eyes were glued to the screen as I heard him scoot his chair closer to mine. His arm had came around me and I felt my heart skip a beat. Then it dawned on me that he must be cold. as well.
"Do you need some blanket as well?

"Huh? Well I just thought-"

"Its fine. I don't mind sharing." I unwrapped myself and offered him to join me underneath. "You should've said something earlier."

"Yeah, sorry."

A drop of water hit my forehead, then another until the sky began to pour, cutting tonight's movie short.

We were quick to get up and get a move on knowing the storm wouldn't let up anytime soon. "I'm sorry. Believe it or not, this isn't exactly how I saw tonight going." He apologized.

"Its fine. Really. Besides, a little rain never hurt anyone. We just need to hurry and find shelter before it gets worse."

"My house isn't too far from here. We can get you out of those wet clothes and warm you up." He paused, catching what he had just said he further clarified what he had meant. "I uhm, I have some spare clothes if you'd like to change into them. They'd be loose on ya' but it should be okay."

"That'd be really appreciated, thank you Soda."

As we hurried out of the drive in a car had followed us out, driving beside us at a rather slow and daunting pace. I thought it best to ignore them since the only thing I cared for was to get us out of the rain as soon as possible.

The driver however decided they wanted nothing more than to bother Soda and I. and persisted in following us.

"Well lookie what we have here? Tell me something sweetheart do you like hangin' around dirty hoods?" The passenger had asked.

"Soda, you already move onto someone else?" I knew that voice all too well and hoped I was wrong.

"You know these guys, Diane?"

"I do. Remember that guy I was telling you about earlier?" Her tone was bitter and I knew a calm walk home wasn't looking all too likely.

"The one who broke your heart?"

"That's him." She told him, her mouth forming into a grin.

"Figures that such a scum bag would be with such a whore-"