Chapter 17

[Chapter 17]

(Sodas perspective)

I got carried away. In the singin', the dancin', the moment where nothing else in the world mattered but her. She was all my eyes cared to see while she shined under the golden light.

The song itself didn't help in hidin' my feelings for her. The lyrics I proudly sang hid a message I was too scared to tell her in any other way but through a well known song.

She looked back at me while I stared at her with eyes drawn to her lips that looked as if they were beggin' me to kiss her. It took all the power in me to not give into it even though I had really wanted to. . .but it just wasn't right.

I promised Steve I wouldn't and I'm not one to break promises.

I pulled away from Cordy, forcing myself to smile at her like I wasn't just thinkin' about ruinin' our friendship. "You did great, Cordy."

She shook her head, her face flushed in a cute pink color while she stared at me in admiration. "You're the one with the amazing voice. I never knew you could sing like that."

I shrugged. "It was nothing really." I told her. I could feel my face grow hot. "Come on, Lets get off stage and cool off a bit."

The contest had continued to go on with others joinin' in on the fun. Most people who had joined were drunk off their behinds, which was very much so entertainin' to watch. Cordy for one seemed to be havin' a blast watching the blitzed performers.

Her smile and her laughter had me to keep glancin' at her while we watched the others sing to their hearts content.

With the strum of a guitar she nearly jumped right out of her seat and urged me to get up as well. "I love this song! Come on, dance with me!"

I learned Cordy was a great dancer and always so in tune with the music. She seemed so confident as her body moved beautifully with mine.

The music played slow so I found it only reasonable to hold her close. "I'm real happy you came out with me tonight. I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun." I gave her a twirl before letting her curl back into my arms. "You having fun as well?"

Laying her head on my chest and spoke sweetly, "You're one of my best friends. I always have fun when I'm with you."

One of her best friends. I should be happy I mean that much to her, but it ain't enough for me. "Cordy, there's something I wanna tell you." I had to tell her.

The way her eyes stared at me made me weak. "I'm listening." She told me.

"I really like, "I paused in trying to find the right words to say to her but I failed in confessin'. The moment was perfect but. . ."I really like how we can spend time like this together. I'm gonna miss ya' when you leave."

"Oh." She said quietly. "I'm going to miss you too. B-but we still have whats left of the summer to make even more memories. All of us. You, me, and the rest of the goofs."

I don't know why I get so nervous with her. I want her to know, I just wanna scream it at the top of my lungs right in front of everyone here.

With Sandy I was nothing but confident in telling her how I felt for her. Cordy, on the other hand. . .

"Maybe we can do this again some other time." I suggested.

She smiled. "Yeah. I'd love to. You think Steve will be fine with that?"

Steve wouldn't be all to happy with that. "I'll sneak you out if you're worried about what he'll think."

She laughed. "It'll save me from another  uncomfortable talk about. . . nevermind."