Chapter 41

「Chapter 41」

(Cordelia's Perspective)

The drive back to the hotel was painful to say the least. Dallas and I sat in silence the entire way there and all I had wanted to do was bury myself under the sheets and sleep through the rest of my trip.

Pulling into the parking lot I reached over to where my purse should have been only to find nothing.

"Shit." I muttered to myself. Unstrapping my seat belt I checked the back seat of his car only to realize I had made a huge mistake.

Dallas took notice of this and questioned my uneasy behavior ."What's wrong? What are you looking for?"

I was embarrassed. How could I have been so scatter-brained?! "My purse. I must have left it at the reception area."

"You can grab it tomorrow, no biggie." Oh if only I could brush it off as easy as he had.

"No biggie? Dallas this is a totally huge biggie! I kept the spare room key in my purse. Its past midnight and Clarks probably way past gone by now so I have no way of getting in! Don't you no biggie me! I'll be forced to sleep outside probably in that bush right there!"

"You're not going to be sleeping outside-" He had tried to chime in but I had cut him short.

"No you're right! In my current state I'll be spending the night in a jail cell after someone finds me and arrests me for public intoxication!" At this point I was hysterical. There was nothing he could say to make me feel better.

"It's not so bad. Don't get me wrong here, the beds in jail are uncomfortable but it beats sleeping on the ground." Dallas seemed unaffected by my dilemma only adding onto my stress.

"You're not helping." I groaned. "God! I am such a screw up!"

"You are not. Now will you stop being so dramatic?"

"For someone under the amount of stress as I am, my dramatics are well justified."

He rolled his eyes at my respomse."Well then stop stressin'. I mean c'mon princess, did you really think Id let you sleep outside? I got a sofa you can crash on for the night and in the morning I will take you to get your purse back. Sound good?"

After our talk earlier it didn't sound like a good idea to be sleeping at his place, but really what other choice did I have right now? "You sure about this?"

"Were still friends Cordy. I'd do this for any of the guys if they were in your situation."

He had a point. Even though I still felt weird about the situation I held my tongue and stayed in the passenger seat. Buckling myself back in he drove us back to his place.

Once there he unlocked the front door and turned on the lights revealing to me that not much had changed since I was last here.

"You stay put while I go and grab you some spare blankets and something for you to change into." Leaving me in the living room of his apartment I did as told.

Coming back he tossed me a shirt of his. "Why don't you change in the bathroom while I set up the sofa for you, yeah?"

(Dally's perspective)

This wasn't the first time she's been over here but it was the first she'd be spending the night. You think a guy would be excited about this kind of thing, but right now I wasn't sure how to feel.

It's not like anything was going to happen. For one thing, she was drinking earlier tonight. Another thing had been that I had to hold to my word. I've already hurt this girl more than enough times. I couldn't let us slip back into the way things were.