Chapter 18

*Warning! This chapter contains mature themes not suitable for some audiences. You have been warned*

[Chapter 18: Lust for Life]

Once I was back in my room after Steve's interrogation of how tonight had went I had pulled off my shoes and plopped myself down on the bed.

I had a ball with Soda, but I couldn't help but think about our performance, how close he had held me and for that very moment where I was certain he was going to lean in and kiss me. Maybe my mind was playing tricks on me then or it was just plain ol' wishful thinking?

I shook my head to myself. No, it's not possible when he's seeing Diane, right?

Lost in thought, to my surprise I had heard a tapping at my window and I pulled myself up from where I sat. It couldn't be. . . could it?

I went over hoping I wasn't wrong and peered out before opening the window. "Dallas? What are you doing here?"

"I needed to see you." He told me. "I know I'm probably the last person you want to see and I get it, but. . . I haven't stopped thinking about you since we last spoke."

After avoiding me a whole week, I didn't know how to feel finally seeing him here. I was happy he wanted to see me again but I needed more than just that. I needed him to tell me everything that's been going on with him and why he's been gone. "Anything else?"

He nodded. "We need to talk. Can I come in?"

I gave him the go and the space he needed to climb inside my room. "You look nice. You go out tonight?"

"I did. Soda invited me out for dancing." I informed him with arms crossed infront of me.

"Of course he did. Pretty boy Curtis not wanna hang out with his rude girlfriend?" His voice hinted bitterness.

"They're not dating." I corrected. "Besides, why does it matter to you anyway?"

"It doesnt." He didnt sound all that confident in his answer. "Just strange he decided to take you out to such a date like event and not the girl he's already talkin' to."

"Soda's my friend you know?" I decided to turn the subject around. "So what about you? You go out as well?"

He nodded. "Two had forced me to."

"He did?"

Dallas had nodded. "I've been trying to get my mind off a certain girl so Two thought it'd be a good idea that I go out and try to pick up some chick."

"Did you?"

To my relief he shook his head no and took a step towards me. "None of them were the girl I wanted to be with tonight."

I felt my cheeks begin to grow warm. "Is that why you're here?"

"Why else?" He grinned. "Look, I uhm, I also wanted to apologize to you. I know I've been avoiding you all week and I know that probably didn't make you feel all too good."

It's always so back and forth with him. Something always kept us coming back to eachother like we could never stay away for too long but he always tried to defy it each time. "I understand that you have issues opening up to others and that's alright, but what's not okay was all those things you said to me to get me to back off. Were any of those things true? Do you really feel that way about us? About me?"

He quickly shot down my worries. "I don't, and that's what scares me most about you. I shouldn't have said all the things I've said to you-"

"You're right, Dallas. You shouldn't have."