Chapter 2

Elena's P.O.V.

I stretched my limbs as my eyes fluttered open.

"Hi baby."

Greg smiled down at me and pecked my forehead. I waved my hand not really in the mood to talk. He climbed into the bed beside me and propped up on his elbow so that he hovered above me. "You feeling better?"

I nodded my head. My headache is gone and I feel well rested- which I haven't felt in a long time.

"You slept a long time. It's almost time for dinner."

I shut my eyes again and sighed as I snuggled further into the pillow. "I'm not hungry."

I managed to stop myself from flinching as I felt Greg brush a strand of hair behind my ear. "Baby," he said. "Please don't do that. You know I don't allow you to skip meals. You have to eat something."

I shook my head. "I-I just wanna lay here. Can I watch a movie?"

"No. Not right now. I think-"

"Did you bring home gummies?" I asked. I haven't had my favorite gummies in such a long time.

After a long period of silence I peeked open one eye and frowned seeing Greg stand to his feet and grab my clothes of the couch. He tossed them at me causing them to whack against my face and chest. "Get dressed," he growled.

I yelped as he grabbed my arm and yanked me out of bed. The blanket caught against my ankle causing me to slip and hit my head against the edge of the dresser. A muffled whimper left my lips as I cradled my head in my hands.

"You're so fucking clumsy. Get up and put these on, Mr. Styles said that he has something he wants to tell us."

With that he pulled me closer to him and turned my body so that I was facing away from him. He pulled out my hair tie and harshly raked his fingers through my hair causing my head to hurt even more. "You're so fucking messy all the time. You always look disgusting."

I knew better than to comment so I just stood quietly and tried my best not to flinch.

Once my hair was to his liking, he helped me- more like forced me- back into my work uniform making sure that I looked 'presentable'.

"Elena!" he snapped causing me to flinch. "Don't you dare make me look bad at the table! You will sit there quietly and not speak unless you are spoken to and you will not under any fucking circumstances mention what happened earlier today. Do you understand me because if I hear one peep out of you, you'll regret it!"

I quickly nod my head. Greg's punishments are the worst thing in the world and I really hope I don't screw up tonight.

I follow Greg down the long hallway and down the stairs to the main floor. For some reason I just felt terrified. I just have this hovering bad feeling. I don't know what it is.

When we reached the dining room, the other maids and butlers were gathering around the table whispering to each other wondering about what Mr. Styles had to say. Greg pulls me closer to him as he makes his way to the other side of the table.

As usual there is no food on the table, just silverware. The smell of baked potatoes fills my nose and I feel my mouth water. I guess I am kind of hungry.

The murmurs quiet down as Mr. Styles enters the room. He clears his throat. "Hello everyone, just a quick announcement. I have to travel to Los Angeles for a few days due to business." He sighs, "I should be back around Tuesday or so. Just because I am absent does not mean that the work around here falls short. I expect to return to my home the way I left it. I leave tomorrow morning," he turns to Greg. "So Greg, I would appreciate if my bags are ready by then."

Greg nods his head in acknowledgement.

Mr. Styles continues his speech but I can hardly follow along. He's going to be gone until Tuesday. That's four days. Four whole days without him here.

Greg is going to torture me.