Chapter 75

Harry's P.O.V.

I took a deep breath to try to slow my heartrate. I could feel my hands starting to tremble but I didn't want Elena to see that. We have to get home because all my shit is there to kill that motherfucker. I need to get back before he does.

"Daddy," Elena whispered. "Are you okay?"

I closed my eyes and pressed my forehead against hers. "Elena, I just want you to know that I love you very much and I will do everything in my power to keep you safe. You do know that right?" She nodded her head. I smiled, "Good." I didn't really know how to explain this situation to her but I guess she should know at least a little bit of what is going on.

I brought her up the stairs and into our bedroom placing her on the bed. "Alright, baby please just listen to me when I explain this to you... can you do that? Can you listen to daddy for a minute?" I smiled seeing her nod. I cleared my throat. "I-I um... well I may need to send you some place safe for a little bit, maybe even a few days."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "W-Why... did something happen?"

"Well... I don't want to worry you but I just want to keep you safe. In order to do that, I need to send you away for a little bit. I'm sure you'll be fine with my mom for a few days."

I couldn't read her expression too well but I could see that she was unhappy. "Wait..." she frowned. "I don't understand. Why can't I stay with you? I-I... Harry, I really don't like being away from you." I sat beside her and pulled her into my lap kissing her soft lips. "Damnit," I sighed. "Baby I don't like being away from you either but it'll only be for a few days. There's just some things that need to be taking care of."

"Harry please be honest with me. What is going on? You look so nervous..."

I really didn't want to tell her what was going on. I know I can handle this on my own but I need to focus and I can't kill that fucker if I'm worried about Elena the whole time. I really love her and I can't fucking lose her. I know I have a shitty way of showing it but I really care about her and I need to make sure that she remains both alive and safe.

"Harry... please tell me."

I groaned letting out a big sigh. "Fine. I guess I shouldn't lie to you about this." Her eyes stared into mine and I couldn't help but kiss her forehead. "Alright," I said. "I heard that my uncle is here and we don't really... have the best relationship."

"Why is that?"

I closed my eyes. "H-He murdered my father..." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I was crushed when I found that out. It was a few years ago and I came home one day to see my father dead with my mother balling her eyes out." Elena grabbed my hand and nodded for me to continue. I really didn't want to because I haven't spoke about this since my days in therapy. However, I continued anyway. "I knew it was him because he has always hated my father- which I'll get into another time but... eventually... I-I went after my uncle's wife and his four children. I wanted him to feel the pain I felt. I mean of course I could have killed him right there but I wanted him to suffer, so I killed them and made him watch."

Elena's P.O.V.

I could feel my palms becoming more and more sweaty. Harry killed people. He killed a whole family.

I took a deep breath and brushed some of my hair behind my ears. I could feel Harry's body trembling. He wasn't looking at me. His eyes were closed and he seemed to be lost in thought. "Harry?" I whispered brushing his cheek with my thumb. "It's okay."

That seemed to calm him a bit.

I felt his arms snake around my waist and hold me securely against him. "I can't lose you, Elena... I can't.."

I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "You won't."

He shook his head. "I know he knows about you, and I know he is coming for you. I have to kill him."

That scared me. Harry's voice was dark and thick with emotions. I didn't even know what to say. A man I don't even know is coming after me to kill me because of what Harry did.

I shook my head. "Harry... how could you kill his family... they- they were children."

"Elena he fucking murdered my father. What choice did I have? I didn't think about the fact that they were children. I just knew how much they meant to him so I took them from him... permanently." He whispered the last part. "Sometimes children have to pay for the crimes of their parents."

I felt so conflicted. I knew Harry had a mean side but I didn't know that it was like this. I didn't know how dark his heart was. It's really sad that his own uncle killed Harry's father... his own brother... and Harry killed a whole family. The worst part is that he made the poor man watch. I can't even imagine something as horrible as that.

I jumped hearing a low growl erupt from Harry's throat. "If that bastard lays one finger on you, the whole world is going to erupt in flames."