Chapter 78

Harry's P.O.V.

I grabbed Elena's hand and led her up to the front door. The men just finished their perimeter check and I want to make sure that Elena is safely in bed before I do anything else.

I slowed down a bit noticing that Elena was jogging trying to keep up with me. "Sorry baby," I mumbled. I quickly lifted her onto my hip and carried her up to her room. "Daddy I'm hungry."

"Baby you can eat later. I want you to get a couple more hours of sleep before anything."

Once we made it to the bedroom. I placed her on the bed and helped her to undress and get under the covers. I kissed her forehead.

"Ah... Styles. Nice to see you finally here."

I froze. I could feel the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.

I immediately stood in front of Elena to shield her from the fucker standing in front of me.

I switched on the light. "Why the fuck are you here Eric?"

He smirked and stood to his feet. "Well," he said pacing the room. "The last time we saw each other, it wasn't so pretty. I vowed that I would get my revenge." He leaned over and glanced at Elena. "And since I see that gorgeous little one over there, I think it's about time I take action."

I could feel my anger bubbling inside me causing my fists to clench. "Eric mark my fucking words. There is no way in hell I'm letting you near her."

He pouted. "Aww Harry... you're no fun anymore. This was starting to become a nice game of tag... and I'm it. It's my turn to murder your lover the same way you did mine." He took a step closer to the bed causing Elena to start crying. I wanted so badly to just hug her and tell her that everything was okay but I couldn't take my eyes off this fucker.

I stepped in front of him blocking his view. I reached into my waist band and pulled out my gun pointing it at his forehead. He raised an eyebrow and let out a loud laugh. "Harry, my foolish nephew. You shoot me, and my men will kill you both."

My ears rang hearing the clicking of another gun. "H-Harry!" I hear Elena whimper. I turned to see a man pointing a pistol at her head. I felt like the wind had been knocked out of my body. Eric found that to be quite amusing. "You didn't think I would come alone, did you?"

I knew he wouldn't come alone but the problem is, I have no idea how many men he actually brought with him. I didn't check the house because I assumed it was still on lockdown. I didn't move the gun from his head and I was careful to watch Elena from the corner of my eye to make sure that asshole doesn't get trigger happy.

"Now Harry," Eric mumbled. "No need for weapons as of yet. I just want to talk... make a deal, even." He glanced over at Elena who was a blubbering mess and pouted. "Aw Jake, give the poor thing a break. I think you're grip is a little on the tighter side." The man who I now know is Jake, loosened his grip causing Elena to easily slip out and rush to my side. "H-Harry..." she whimpered. I had to comfort her. I tucked my gun in my band and lifted her onto my hip. I whispered so that only she could hear. "Take a breath baby. I'm here, daddy is here. I told you that I will do everything in my power to keep you safe. Everything is alright, I promise."

I watched Eric plop down on the bed. "Now Harry let's talk about this. I see she is very attached to you, which is good." He cleared his throat. "Here is my offer, you either let me have her and do with her what I please, or you can let me kill her."

"Are you out of your fucking mind?!" My grip tightened around Elena's frame. I didn't want to scare her anymore than she was now but I need to kill him, and I need to find a way to do it without her seeing it. I placed her on her feet and planted a small kiss to her hair. "Relax," I whispered.

Before I could blink, she was ripped from my arms. His arms were wrapped around her neck and a gun was pressed against her temple. "Eric!" I growled. "I swear there is a fucking bullet with your name on it if you don't let her go!"

I couldn't control myself. Within the next second, I was able to move over to where Jake was standing, snatch the gun from his hands and shoot him right in between the eyes. Blood splattered everywhere and unfortunately landing on Elena in the process. Her screams were almost deafening and I couldn't erase the horrified look from her eyes.

I coked my gun once more and stared directly into Eric's eyes. "Give her to me."

Eric rolled her eyes. "Oh come on Harry, was that really necessary? He was one of my best men."

"Give her to me, Eric!"

He chuckled, "In a moment." I watched as he went over to the door bringing a whimpering Elena with him. "Gentlemen," he said seriously. Four men walked in and I knew what that meant. Eric lifted Elena onto his hip and smirked. "Guys, please keep Mr. Styles busy while I attend to some business." He paused and then smiled evilly. "Actually change of plans.... kill him."