Chapter 68

SMUT WARNING

Harry's P.O.V.

I couldn't help but pace the living room. Zayn has been upstairs with Elena for quite some time and I just wish I could talk to her... even if it's for five minutes.

I want Elena and I to be like Liam and Louis. I don't want Elena to be scared of me and I want her to feel comfortable enough to cuddle with me whether she wants and be clingy if she feels like it.

I just don't like this. I want us to be okay.

I dragged my hand down my face and sighed. "Liam I'm going up there." Liam glanced over at me from where he was sitting on the floor with Louis and Niall. "Haz," he said. "Stop being so insecure." I raised my eyebrows. "I'm not insecure Liam!"

He smirked, "oh really... So what do you call all this nervousness and worry?"

I rolled my eyes and mumbled a "fuck you" as I made my way up the stairs. Knowing Elena, she's not in my room because my smells and everything in there distracts her from her thoughts. I remember her telling me that a few weeks ago.

I opened my bedroom door and nodded confirming that I was right.

I looked down the hall and my eyes landed on a small crack in the guest bedroom door. She had to be in there.

I wiped my sweaty palms on my sweats and gently knocked on the door. It didn't take long for Zayn to answer. "I wanna talk to her," I grumbled. He looked over at Elena who wasn't looking our way. Her head was down and her face was buried in her hands. I just wanted to go over there and hug her and never let go.

Zayn opened his mouth to speak but I pushed past him before he could.

"Baby," I cooed, climbing into the bed and pulling her into my lap. I was surprised to feel her arms wrap around me and cuddle into my chest. She felt warm and clammy.

"Zayn!" I growled. "Leave!"

He rolled his eyes and flipped me off a he left the room.

I sighed closing my eyes and resting my head on top of hers. "You don't have to talk to me if you don't want to..." I said. "I know I've been a dick throughout this whole thing and you really don't deserve that at all. To be honest with you, you're the first person I've ever loved... and sometimes I scare myself just by the thought of that." I pressed my lips against her head and ran my fingers against her skin. "I love you so much Elena... and I want to be with you. I-I don't want us to break up or ignore each other. I just want us to be okay like how we were before."

She didn't say anything which worried me a little bit. "Maybe we can spend some time together... just you and me. I can take you to that flower garden that you love and then maybe dinner and ice cream or even a movie." I could feel my cheeks heating up. "I mean we don't have to if you don't want to... we can um... just stay here and order something.... maybe some chicken fingers and fries?"

I looked down at her just in time to see her let out a small giggle. "You're heart is beating really fast.." she mumbled. I chuckled and reached up to wipe the sweat from my brow. I guess I am a little nervous.

I took a deep breath and adjusted her body so that she was laying down on her back and looking up at me. I hovered over her and I gently grabbed her chin. "Baby" I whispered. "I'm so sorry. I don't want you to be afraid to come to me and talk. We're-" I stopped myself before I could say the word 'dating'.