Chapter 53

Harry's P.O.V.

"Alright so in regard to what happened, she did have a miscarriage and unfortunately she lost the baby.."

I closed my eyes feeling a weight lifted off my shoulders. I tried my best not to smile but I couldn't help it. I told Elena from the beginning that I did not want her to keep the baby in the first place so my prayers were answered.

The doctor continued, "now it says on her records that she did have vaginal damage and bruising. However, I'm sure you both are aware of that. That is what caused the miscarriage. Her body was just not able to handle it at the moment. Now in regard to her having children in the future, it is a possibility but I would not try it right away. I would say give it about a year or two and get it check out periodically. It would be best to have her examined every six months just to make sure that she is healing properly. I would suggest you refrain from being intimate for now. Everything else seems to be fine so we are going to allow her to go home. If she feels sore or anything just give her some over the counter pain relievers and you can place a cold compress on the area. As far as her mensural cycle goes, she will resume to having a regular cycle.... and I'm really sorry for your loss."

The doctor turned to me. "Mr. Styles I need to meet with you in the hallway." I was too happy to refuse. I followed him out into the bright hallway and folded my arms across my chest.

The doctor lowered his voice as he spoke. "Alright, Elena seemed to be very attached to the baby and I wouldn't be surprised if she is a bit down for a few days. She will be grieving but you shouldn't be concerned because that is completely normal. She may blame herself for what happened but just reassure her that everything is fine and none of this is her fault."

I nodded my head shaking his hand. "Thank you doctor. Can I take her home now?"

"Yes sir she is all set to go."

I made my way back into the room and frowned seeing the look on Elena's face. She had tears in her eyes.

I wasn't really sure how exactly to comfort her but I just didn't want to show how happy I was.

"Hi baby," I said as I sat on the bed beside her. She wiped her nose with the back of her hand and sniffled. "I-I wanna go home."

I nodded my head. "Alright love. Let's get you dressed and then we can go home." I grabbed her clothes from the small bag on the table. "Are you hungry baby? Maybe we can go get something for you to eat since you didn't have breakfast."

I helped her out of the hospital gown and into her regular clothes. I was grateful that the doctor gave her something to wear since she didn't have much on when she came in. I lifted her into my arms and placed her on my hip. I rubbed her back soothingly. "It's alright my love. None of this is your fault. We are going to get through this just like we do everything else." I chuckled feeling her tiny fingers run through my hair.

"My pretty girl.." I mumbled. "I love you so much."

I carried her down the hall and onto the elevator. "Liam and Louis are here waiting for you. They stayed to make sure that you were okay."

She didn't say anything.

I sighed, "baby can you tell me what you're thinking?"

"This is all my fault.." she whispered. "I couldn't keep the baby and now I won't be able to hold it o-or kiss it... I-I wanted it to be a boy.. and-and now I'll never know.." I could feel her tremble as she cried into my shoulder.

I had no idea what to say.

"Baby.." I said. "Please don't blame yourself for this. None of this is your fault. I swear it. You are not going to let this get you down... you are going to heal and you are going to be just fine. You know I'm here for you and you know the lads are here as well. We all love you and we are here to make sure you, my dear, will be alright. No feeling sorry for ourselves. Yes sir?"

"Yes sir."

A/N: Hey guyssss

What do you think about Harry's reaction to the news?

What do you think about Elena's reaction?

How do you think they are going to handle this moving forward?

Other questions and comments can go here...