Chapter 76

Elena's P.O.V.

Harry and I lay side by side on his large bed just staring up at the ceiling. We ended up taking a shower together and brushing our teeth. But Harry seemed to be a distant. The silence felt awkward and uncomfortable causing the bed to feel really big and depressing.

I don't think Harry was sleeping but his eyes were closed.

"H-Harry?" I said looking over at him. He didn't move but he hummed a response. "Are you okay?" I asked. I didn't like the distance between us so I scooted closer to him and laid my head on his chest. I felt his arms pull me closer to him and he placed a long kiss on my forehead. My tummy finally felt better and the bleeding did stop, which I was happy about.

Harry sighed. "I'm alright, love. I'm just thinking... it's nothing your sweet little head should be worrying about." He grabbed my chin and kissed my lips. "We leave early tomorrow so you should get some sleep." Truth is, I wasn't tired at all. I wanted to go downstairs and watch cartoons with Niall and Louis.

I was a little happy about leaving tomorrow but I didn't like the fact that Harry had to work. Plus, Harry's uncle is coming after me and I really don't want to die.

I closed my eyes feeling Harry's long fingers run through my hair. His fingers ran down the small of my back and then hovered above my bum. His touch never fails to make me feel good. "I love you," he mumbled.

"I love you too."

His body shook as he chuckled. "I know you do baby. I know..."

It was silent again. The only thing I could hear was the soothing beats of Harry's heart. I wish I could read his mind sometimes, especially in moments like this. I just want to know what he's thinking.

"Baby, I need to speak with Liam and Zayn for a little bit, okay? Do you think you'll be able to wait here for me to come back?"

I shook my head. I didn't want to be away from him and I certainly did not want to stay in this room by myself. "Daddy," I pouted. "I wanna come with you." He sat up bringing me with him. "Fine." He grunted.

He lifted me into his hip and carried me down the stairs and into the spacious living room. Niall and Louis were playing monopoly while Zayn and Liam were having their own conversation. Harry gently sat me on the floor next to Niall and kissed my hair. "Why don't you join in on their game, baby. I'll be back in a minute."

Harry's P.O.V.

I was fuming. So many thoughts were going through my head and I felt like I was going to fucking blow up. "Payne, Malik... I need to talk with you guys... now."

Liam raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

I sighed and plopped down beside them on the couch. "Alright, one, were killing Lucille as soon as we get back and we're going to make sure that bitch feels every bit of it. Two, Eric is here and I need to kill him before he kills Elena." I didn't need to brief them on the situation with my uncle. They know about what happened and they know why he is now after Elena. They were actually the ones who forced me to go to therapy after what happened to my dad. See after my father passed, I sort of went on this killing spree and went after whoever I felt deserved to die. Fortunately the therapy helped me to break out of that.

Zayn spoke first. "Do you know where he is exactly? Like where he is right now or where he is staying?" I shook my head. "All I know is that he is near the house and he's probably got all the eyes in the fucking world watching it."

Zayn nodded. "Well we're meeting Vince to get on the plane at ten tomorrow. So we'll get back by three or four. That's too late." I nodded and spoke curtly. "I want to leave tonight. Now, actually. I'm gonna make a couple calls to see if a jet can fly us out within the next hour or two."

Liam bobbed his head. "Done." He stood to his feet and snapped his finger. "Louis baby let's go. We have to go up and pack."

Usually Louis would protest but he knew that Liam was in no mood to put up with that.

I turned to Zayn. "I don't even have a plan." He shrugged his shoulder and motioned to Niall. "Harry when you don't have a plan you wing it. You of all people should know that. Now get the fuck up and let's move." He didn't wait for me to respond. He grabbed Niall's hand and led him up the stairs.

I took a deep breath to calm my thoughts. I do not need to get murder-happy. I dug in my pocket and pulled out my phone. Hopefully Vince can make some arrangements for us to leave sooner than later.

"Vince!" I said hearing him answer. He cleared his throat. "Yes sir?"

"We need to leave now. How soon do you think you can have a jet ready for me?"

He paused for a minute. "Give me an hour. I'll call the guys at the office and have them check the fuel and the engine, then you'll be all set."

I nodded. "Good man. See you soon."