27

Maya's POV

I couldn't describe the look on her face. I couldn't even decide if she was angry or hurt.

Josh went out a walk with Drew to give Riley and I some time to talk. We were both sat on Josh's bed and she just kept looking down and I kept looking at her.

"Say something." I whispered, "please, anything."

"What am I supposed to say Maya?" She looked up at me.

"I don't care but the silence is killing me.id much rather you yelled at me." I sniffled and held back the tears that were starting to form in my eyes.

"How long?"

"Since we went to see Kermit. I made a move when we were there and we kind of have just been hanging out since." I told her.

"Hanging out? Maya he hand his hands on your-" She trailed off.

"I trust him and that's they furthest anything has gone. Riles I love him." I wipes my eyes.

"You love him?" I nodded. "Does he feel the same?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked taking me by surprise.

"I thought you hated the idea of us together, and I do understand that it's putting you in a weird position but I just can't shut down my feelings."

"I'd never expect you to do that. I just don't wanna see you get hurt. He's 19 and in college and I just don't want him to just be using you because no college girls want to date him."

"Riley I promise you it's much deeper than that. We talk about everything, I sleep better in his arms, he always knows what to say and I just feel connected to him in a way I didn't even know was possible." I tried to hide the smile that was starting to creep its way onto my face.

"Then I'm happy for you." She smiled at me.

"R-really?" I stuttered.

"Yes Peaches." She leaned forward and hugged me and I hugged back straight away.

"Thank you Riles." I said into her shoulder then pulled back and wiped my eyes.

"Who all knows?"

"Well you, Drew and his girlfriend. You gotta swear you won't tell anyone, even Lucas and Farkle. I love and trust them but if too many people know my parents or your dad could find out and they'd make us break up and I can't lose him Riley."

"I will do everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen. Thunder." She smiled and I smiled straight away back at her and placed my hand in hers.

"Lightning."

"I should probably go, I told my parents I wouldn't be that long." She got up and started walking towards the door, "by the way, where do your parents think you are this weekend?"

"Sarah's." I shrugged.

"Sneaky." She chuckled. "I'll see you in Monday. Have fun, but not too much, I'm not ready to have a cousin yet." She smirked.

"Bye Riley." I shut the door and she left. I wiped my eyes again. But this time; happy tears. I smiled to myself then went to cuddle up under the covers of Josh's bed, switched on a movie and waited for him to return.