12

Maya's POV

My parents agreed to pick me up from the Matthews' apartment. We got there in the middle of the afternoon and my mom said she'd make my favourite meal tonight when we all got home so I was very happy and excited about that. Although, I was slightly panicking about not being able to sleep without Josh by my side.

"Ready to go in?" He asked as he finished parking.

"Yeah. I'm gonna miss you so much." I admitted.

"Maya, I'm staying at the Matthews' most of the time, you come over to see Riley like everyday, it's not like you'll never see me again."He nudged my elbow.

"Yeah, I guess, but Riley would be weird if I wanted to hang out with you. She thinks 'someday' is an excuse for you to go date other people and it not bug me. She doesn't think we'll end up together."

"You know that's not true, right?"

"I do. I wish everyone else did." I signed.

"Me too, but we do, that's what's important here. Now let's go inside and see our friends and family." I smiled and nodded.

Josh and I grabbed our things and made our way upstairs to their apartment and Josh opened the door and went in first.

I knew Riley wasn't going to be there as she text me saying she was with Farkle helping him pick something for Smackle for their something month anniversary.

"Hey family." He said as he walked in. "Mom, dad, what are you doing here?" He asked as he noticed his parents sitting on the sofa next to Cory and my dad.

"Hey." I said following him in.

"Hey baby girl." My mom came over and gave me the biggest hug. "How are you? I know you filled us in over text, but seriously, how are you?"

"I'm okay mom, I just want to forget about it, about him, I have you and Shawn, you guys are the only parents I'll ever need or want." My dad came over and hugged me too.

"Good to hear that kiddo." He smiled. We all pulled apart and turned our attention to Josh's parents.

"Yeah so we actually have some news, mainly regarding Josh." His mom smiled.

"Oh yeah, what?" Josh replied.

"You remember Kerris, right? You're middle school girlfriend you thought was your soul mate? Well she's in Greenwich and we saw her at Topanga's and gave her your number - she seemed very excited to catch up." His mom smiled.

I felt sick to my stomach.

"That's cool again, it's sometimes nice seeing old friends." Josh awkwardly smiled. What else was he suppose to say? They don't know about the pact we just made and they were totally clueless on our 'someday' pact.

"I thought you'd be more excited than that." His dad joked as he took a sip of his drink, which I'm guessing was coffee.

"I'm ready to go home, I'm quite tired." I said to my mom, earning a worried look from Josh.

"Okay sweetie, let's get you home." She smiled at me and my dad picked up my back.

"Thanks again Josh." I weakly smiled at him and left.

_______

When I got home I unpacked my bag, grabbed some food, then went for a quick shower. I decided to wash my hair but let in dry over night as I honesty just couldn't be bothered using my hairdryer.

I shoved my towel in the laundry then went to sit in my bed, by my phone starting to ring.

It was an incoming face-time call from Josh.

I grabbed my earphones and pressed accept.

"Hi." I said quietly. It was only 9pm but I knew my mom had to be up early for work so knew she'd be asleep.

"Hey baby." That one word attracted all the butterflies in the world to fly right into my stomach. "I know why you left so early. Please tell me you're not in anyway threatened or jealous by what my parents said. I'm not interested in anyone that isn't you, Maya." He smiled at me.

"Josh, honestly I'm just tired. Night baby." I hung up and signed. Why do I let stupid things get to me. He is mine.

I grabbed the teddy bear Josh won me and got under my covers and drifted off the sleep with one person in my mind.