7

Josh's POV

"I'm not going on that."

"Oh come on, please." Maya begged me.

"Maya, no."

"You're just scared I'll beat you." She teased. She was trying to trick me to go on the dance machine.

"You only wanna go on 'cause you're obsessed with The Kissing Booth."

"Am not." She folded her arms over her chest.

"Are too." I mimicked her by folding my arms and smirked.

"Fine, let's just go do something else instead then." She turned and started looking around the arcade. "Ah, why don't you try and win me one of those." She smirked pointed towards the claw grabber machine that was full of small toy animals.

"How old are you?" I joked.

"Sixteen." She smirked.

"Fine, but only 'cause you're cute." I started walking towards it and digging in my pocket for quarters.

"You think I'm cute?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Duh." I chuckled and kinda said sarcastically.

"Good to know." She smiled at me and I shook my head and chuckled.

I put a quarter in the machine and started playing. I tried to get the teddy bear at the side but it didn't work.

"Oh well." Maya stepped back from the machine.

"I have plenty quarters." I said as I popped another one in the machine.

I was so close to getting the same toy, luckily I probably made it easier for another go or 2.

"Damn it." I put another quarter in the machine.

"Josh-"

"I'm getting you this bear." She just smiled at me and had a little sparkle in both of her eyes.

I turned back to the machine and the claw took the bear and dropped it in the pit.

"Oh my god." She smiled. I knelt down and got it and passed it to her.

"Thank you." She took it and smiled then through her arms around my neck and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and decided to spin her around, causing her to laugh.

Maya's POV

My heart melted. His hugs are something to die for.

"Awe, what a cute couple you two make." An elderly lady said as she and her husband walked passed us with who I'm guessing is their grandson.

I smiled and looked up towards Josh. He was half smiling too.

"Let's get out of here, I need to get a shirt or something if we're staying tonight too." I nodded and started walking beside him out of the arcade and into the main shopping mall.

I wanted to do nothing more than to grab his hand, especially since a girl who looked about 18 started staring at him. She was tall and skinny and had quite short-shorts on and a crop top on. He kinda smiled back, in a friendly way.

I decided to just grab his hand. And he looked at me.

"Are you okay?" He asked sympathetically as he guided us to the side. I nodded and squeezed his hand tighter. I looked over to see the girl had stopped looking at him. "Maya."

"What?" I questioned.

"Were you jealous that girl looked at me?"

"Oh, you saw her." I said looking at the floor but he tugged on my hand so I'd look back up at him.

"I did. I saw that man, that woman, that other man and everyone else too. I didn't just look at her 'cause she was looking at me, I just looked around at everyone." He explained.

"I'm sorry. Maybe I was jealous." I looked down again.

"Why?" He asked me.

"Because she's like 18, and wearing things I wouldn't and she was tall and skinny and pretty-"

"Stop. Stop comparing yourself to other people. Maya, you're perfect the way your are, okay? I'm not into girls who like to show off everything, I'm not that guy. I like to get to know girls and have good conversations with them." He nudged me and squeezed my hand tighter.

"I'm sorry." I looked up at him.

"No need to apologise. Let's go get some the things we need." He smiled and I nodded.