13

Josh's POV

It had been a couple days since Maya and I came back from seeing Kermit and we'd barely spent any time together.

To be fair, we didn't want to just suddenly start hanging out loads as we didn't wanna anybody expecting that we were together. We had been texting a lot, but I really wanted to talk to her.

It was currently a Thursday late afternoon and Andrew (my dorm mate at NYU) text me to say that a guy he knew was hosting a party and invited me, and I said I'd go. I really wanted Maya to come with me as we could act like a couple there and nobody would judge us as they wouldn't know she was still only 16.

I just needed to find away to talk to her alone.

And just like that she and Riley appeared in from school.

"Hey uncle Josh," Riley smiled. "I'm going to quickly go get changed, Maya you can stay with Josh or come upstairs?" She looked at Maya.

"I'll just wait here, I'm too tired to walk all the way to your room and back." Maya huffed then flopped on the sofa making her hair go slightly over her face and it was very cute.

"Okay." Riley replied to her then skipped upstairs to her room.

"Is she gone?" Maya asked me.

I turned around to look then went to turn back around to face her, "yeah she-" and her lips were on mine.

They tasted like strawberry lip balm and mint.

I kissed her back, obviously, but only for a few seconds as I didn't know when Riley would appear back.

"Hi." She smiled at me.

"Hello." I smirked at her. "How was your day at school?" Her face instantly fell.

"Horrible."

"What happened?" I grabbed her hand.

"Your bother happened. His lesson today involved around lying and people starting saying that they're glad Riley and Lucas aren't lying to themselves and finally a couple. Then someone made a joke about me being single and Riley told everyone I hadn't kissed anyone. Everyone started laughing and making fun of me and I wanted to tell them all to shut up and that I had kissed someone." She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"I hate that and I'm sorry baby. Do you want to come to a party Saturday night." I replied.

"W-what?" She stuttered.

"You deserve a night full of fun, and we can act like a couple 'cause nobody there knows you." She smiled at me and grabbed my hand.

"I want to. I really, really want to."

"We don't have to. I hate that what happened to you happened and I feel guilty. But I wanna show you off as my girl, but only if you'll let me." I bit my lip.

"I want you to. It might make all these hot, smart college girls jealous that I'm on your arm." She smirked.

"Oh definitely, they got nothing on you." She blushed.

"Maya, I need your help." Riley shouted from her room.

"Coming." Maya yelled back. "I'll see you later." She kisses me, letting her lips stay on mine for a few seconds longer than they probably should've, before scurrying off to Riley's room.