40

Josh's POV

"I think I'm pregnant." I gulped and my jaw dropped slightly. "Please say something."

"Have you taken a test?" I broke the silence. She shook her head. "When Iz thought she was pregnant she left an unused test here, I could try find it?" I offered causing her to nod.

I searched around the bathroom and Drew's area where he kept all his toiletries but it was no use.

"Can't find it?" She questioned.

"I'm sorry but no luck." I pulled her back to the bed and got us both underneath the covers. "I love you, we can go to the store tomorrow."

"I love you Josh. So, so much. But I'm scared. Very fucking scared." I held her tighter as she layed her head on my chest.

"We've got each other and we will get through this. There's no point worrying until we know. I'm going to move into my own place next year for my last year of college, if you definitely are pregnant we can move in together, and I'd kinda of like to do that even if you aren't." I admitted.

"Really?" She smiled.

"Move in with me next year Maya." I proposed and for the first time in the last few hours, she had a genuine smile on her face.

"I'd love that Boing." She pecked my lips.

"Let's get some sleep gorgeous."

She fell asleep quite quickly, but she definitely must have been tired after all the throwing up and crying. I just smiled and played with her hair until I eventually drifted off to sleep as well.

________

Maya's POV

I woke at 8am feeling sick again. Thankfully I managed to clean up by the time Josh found me.

"You should've woke me." He said softly as he stood up leaning against the door frame into the bathroom.

"You looked so peaceful sleeping." I argued.

"I'd be more at peace if you'd let me look after you." He came over to kiss me but I pulled back.

"I've just throw up, I mean I did brush my teeth-" before I could even finish my sentence he pressed his lips softly against mine making my heart flutter in my chest.

"I love you." He said to me.

"I love you." I mirrored. "We should probably shower then go to the drug store."

"We shower?" He raised an eyebrow.

I nodded, "but no sex."

"I can't live with that." He smiled and pushed me into the shower, still in our clothes which made me chuckle. The water started pouring as we teared each others clothes off and let our lips connect.

________

"There's so many different brands." I glanced around at all the pregnancy tests.

"Why are they all so expensive?" Josh questioned.

"Punishment for not taking precautions?" I half joked.

"But we did Maya."

"I know, I know. I was just joking around to try lighting the mood." I replied.

"I always see adverts for clear blue, should we just get 2 of them?" He asked picking one of them up.

"I guess?" I picked up a second one but he took it out of my hand.

"I'm paying, don't even try to argue with me."

"Josh-"

"No arguing." He repeated and I gave in and nodded.

I hated this. I felt like a slut as the older lady working the cash register served us. But I wasn't a slut. I was a girl who was madly in love with her boyfriend and the condom happened to not work, and I guess it was my fault that I'd be lacking remembering to take my pill each day.

The way back to the dorm was silent. Not awkward silence but also not comfortable silence, just silence.

"I'll be back in a second." I say to him as I take the tests into the bathroom.

"I can come with you-"

"As much as I love you I really don't need you watching me pee." I half smiled. "But I'll come out so we can see together." He nodded and kissed my forehead.

Josh's POV

She came out less than 2 minutes later with the tests wrapped in toilet paper. She sat them down on the unit next to my bed then went to sit next to me but I pulled her onto my lap and kept kissing her cheek as she half relaxed back into me.

"I've set a timer." She said with no facial expression whatsoever.

"Whatever happens I'm here for you, okay? Nothing can make me stop loving you and wanting to be with you Maya."

"What if it's positive?" Her words came out croaky as if she was trying to hold back tears.

"It's your body. If you want to get rid-"

"No!" She explained and stood up, accidentally knocking the tests on the floor.

"Maya-"

"I wanna give it the chance of a good life and a good childhood that I never got. I couldn't live with myself if-" She looked down and her face turned ghost like. I looked down then back at her. I stood up and pulled her into me and she held me tight. Positive.

"Please don't leave me." She whispered as she sobbed into my chest.

"Not now, not ever." I kissed her.

"As much as I wanna stay I can't, my parents will be wondering why I'm not home yet."

"I understand. I'll keep the tests safe here."

"Thank you, I don't need my parents finding the tests anywhere in my room."

"Let me run you home." I offered but I wasn't take no for an answer.

"Of course." She smiled and kissed my lips.