43

Maya's POV

Lying in my childhood bedroom felt wrong. This used to be my safe space where I'd sit and draw or paint til the early hours of the morning, but now these 4 walls felt like a prison. They kept me from Josh.

It wasn't like I didn't love being in my room anymore, 'cause I do, but it's not the same with the heavy secret knowing I was pregnant had on me edge. What if my mom could tell? The more I thought about it the worse I felt.

Next thing I knew I was hanging over my ensuite toilet throwing up my guts feeling light headed. I couldn't breathe. All I could see was white dots floating around my room. All I could feel was my cheeks becoming drenched with my own salty tears and that I then went onto taste. I put my hand over my mouth to try and stop the sounds of me sobbing because the last thing I needed was my parents coming in my room and seeing me like this.

I had my first hospital today and Josh and Riley were both coming with me for support and depending on how the appointment goes I think I might tell my friends or my mom and Topanga, but it all depends on how I feel afterwards. How Josh and I feel.

I somehow managed to pull myself together and go for a shower; washing my hair, body, face and I even managed to shave my legs. I felt so much better, physically, after my shower than I decided to straighten my hair and put on a little piece of makeup. My last step to getting ready was decided what to wear. I honestly couldn't be bothered with anything fancy so I went with black leggings and an off-brand sports hoodie from Urban Outfitters that Riley gave to me.

I roughly made my bed and tucked the bear Josh won me under it because I really didn't need my parents questioning that as well. As soon as the text lit up my phone screen from Riley saying her and Josh were waiting outside. I couldn't be bothered dealing with my parents so I text my mom that I was hanging out with Riley and climbed out my bedroom window.

"Hey, hey, be careful!" Josh came running over to me as I hopping of the ladder.

"Josh, I'm fine. I've done this a million times." I reassured him and stroked his cheek.

"Not pregnant!" I rolled my eyes.

"I love that you're protective but I promise we're good. I love you." I pecked his lips.

"Don't mean to break up this lovely romantic moment, but we've kinda got an appointment to get to." Riley said, causing Josh and I to detach at the lips and chuckle.

"Yes, let's go see our baby." Josh kisses my forehead and held my hand as we followed Riley to the subway.

________

"Maya Hunter." The nurse called my name. I stood up, Josh holding one hand as Riley linked her arm with mine, as usual.

"Hi." I said awkwardly as she shut the door and I sat on the examination chair and Josh sat right next to me, then Riley next to him.

"How are you, Maya?" The nurse asked me as she grabbed her check board and notes.

"I'm good, a little nervous, but good." I smiled still feeling slightly awkward.

"And who do we have with you?"

"My boyfriend Josh and best friend Riley, who happens to be his niece." I chuckled.

"Awe that's sweet." She smiled.

________

I was on the chair, lying back with my hand being squeezed by Josh.

"And here is the baby." She smiled but then her expression changed. Making me look at Josh to see if he noticed it to.

"Aww the baby." Riley smiled all Riley-like and goofily.

"Is everything alright?" I asked the nurse.

"Nothing is bad, I'm just going to need to ask for a second opinion. Don't worry, I'll be back in one second." She smiled polity then left the room. My eyes teared and Josh kissed the back on my hand.