New Home To Protect

[2nd POV]

After Sally and the other Freedom Fighters told you all about their mission to free Mobius and all that, you went back to Angel Island to talk with Locke. He gave your permission to use the "Chaos Gem", as you're dubbing it, to help the Freedom Fighters as long as you use it for good and if you promise to visit him every-so-often. He gets lonely.

Not long after that, you and everyone else did their best to celebrate what was left of Sonic's birthday after Scourge and Rouge, Bean and Bard, and Croctobot nearly wrecked everything.

Now, you're being led by Sally Acorn to where your new home. She said you would be bunking with another Mobian who was a member of the Freedom Fighters, and a great one at that. Soon she brought you to one of the many homes that resided in Knothole and she knocked on the door.

"DANNY! GET OUT HERE!" Sally shouts at the person inside the house. "YOUR NEW ROOMMATE IS HERE!"

A quick shuffling of feet is heard on the other side of the door before the door opens, revealing a lion-like creature wearing a jacket with jeans. He had a long, white tail and a white mane, his face clearly showing he was tired.

 He had a long, white tail and a white mane, his face clearly showing he was tired

"Princess Sally?" the lion called Danny questioned as he rubbed his eyes. "What're you doing here?"

"You seriously don't remember?" Sally asks the lion. "Ugh! I'm here to introduce you to your new roommate! This is [Y/N], the human that helped us take down Croctobot and fight off Scourge and Rouge."

"... Oooooooooohhh! The human! Right, gotcha!" Danny says with a smile and turns to you. "Sup, kid? Name's Daniel Rydenger. Call me Danny."

"Erm... I'm [Y/N], like Sally said," you said and offered a handshake to the white lion. "Nice to met you."

"You too, kid," Danny said and shook your hand.

"Right. Now that you two are acquainted, I'm gonna head back to my home," Sally says and turns to Danny. "Go easy on him. I'll come back tomorrow to give you your new outfit, [Y/N]. The one Sonic oh-so desperately wants you to have."

"Alright. Night, Sally," you tell the chipmunk girl and she nods at you, walking away and leaving you with Danny.

"Alright, come on in, humie," Danny tells you as he walks inside his home, motioning you to follow him inside. "Gotta show you your room."

You nod, following him in the house which was surprisingly big. So it would be easy for you to move around in the underground home. Danny leads you to a room near the back of his home, opening the door to reveal a room with a bed, a closet, a drawer with a mirror, and a nightstand in it.

"This'll be your room, [Y/N]," Danny tells you as you walk inside. "Not much, but it works. Whad'ya think?"

"It's nice," you say as you hop on to the bed. "It's a lot bigger than my room back in my world."