Memories

In the medical bay, Y/n is seen lying on the bed he was last seen on in "Truth Of The Heart". However, he begins stir a bit as he groans quietly. He then pushes himself to sit up and holds his head in pain, his entire body aching. Then he finally opens his eyes to look around.

"Eh...? The medical bay...?" he questions before holding his chest in pain. "Grk...!"

"Hey-hey-hey! Look who's up!"

Y/n turns his head to see Danny walking up to him, a smile on the lion's face.

"Danny...?" Y/n questions. "Wh-what happened to Anarchy...? Was Scourge with him?"

"Don't worry, pal. They're gone for now," Danny says and stops right next to Y/n's bed. "And... so is Fiona."

"Fiona?" Y/n asked and began to worry. "What happened? Is she okay?"

"She's fine, but," Danny scowls, "she didn't leave Sonic's heart okay."

"What happened?"

"She betrayed us," Danny replies. "She was with Scourge the entire time."

Y/n was shocked, but he wasn't totally surprised. Fiona always seemed sketchy to him, even if he accepted her and her past.

"Crap..." Y/n lies back down.

"Yeah. And you really gave us a scare, pal," Danny tells Y/n. "Had us all worried. Sally most of all."

"Crap... I'm sorry, man," Y/n apologizes and sits back up. "How long have I been out?"

"Only a few days," Danny says. "Almost thought you'd miss the big day."

"Big day"?"

"Yeah! After the whole Scourge and Fiona thing, Antoine heard about it and decided to finally propose to Bunnie," Danny informs his best friend. "Great, right?"

"Yeah," Y/n nods. "Definitely."

Y/n then tries to hop off the bed he was on, landing on his feet and takes a step only to nearly fall to the floor if it wasn't for Danny.

"Hey, wait a sec, bud," the lion tells the human. "You still gotta heal. You aren't fully recovered yet."

"I'm fine, just a few aches and bruises," Y/n says and stands up. "I'm not gonna get all better by doing nothing."

"I guess you're right."

Danny laughs a bit before motioning for Y/n to follow him.

"C'mon! We gotta get you prepared!" Danny exclaims. "The wedding's tomorrow!"

The Next Day...

In the Hedgehog Household, Sonic is seen looking at himself in a mirror with a suit on with his Uncle Chuck beside him.

"And here I thought you weren't one for titles, Sonic," Chuck tells his nephew.

"I'll make an exception on this one, Uncle Chuck," Sonic says as he adjusts his overjacket. "It's not every day you get to be best man for your buddy's wedding."

Sonic then tightens his red bowtie.

"But after the whole Fiona thing, I'm okay with flying solo for now."

"Still maybe Antoine could return the favor one day?" Chuck asks his nephew with a chuckle. "Never say never, m'boy."

"Sonic!" Tails calls out to his best friend as he enters the room, a suit on as well. "Let's go!"

Sonic nods and walks out of the room and to the living room, joining Tails as they walk to the front door.

"Bye, Mr. and Mrs. Hedgehog!" Tails waves Sonic's parents goodbye.