Special Chapter-Anarchy: Origins (Part 1)

This is inspired by Marvel's What If...? episode What If... Dr. Strange Lost His Heart Instead of His Hands? Enjoy.
_________________________________________

On the world Moebius, Anarchy is seen starring down at a castle from a far hilltop. The wind blew through his long hair, making the purple locks sway a bit as Anarchy closes his eyes to enjoy the feeling of coldness running down his shirtless skin. Then he sighs and opens his eyes, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small locket without a chain. It was chipped all around the edges, its golden skin dulled from not being cleaned for three years. He opens it to reveal a photo of his universe's Maria holding his arm, both of them having a smile on their faces. The picture was covered by a small plane of glass that had a faint but still noticeable crack running over Maria.

He gritted his teeth as he gripped the small locket, his face being reflected in the glass as it soon shifts to be a mirror reflecting the face and body of a younger Anarchy. He was four years younger than the seventeen-year-old Anarachy, and was only referred to as Y/n back then.

He adjusts the tie around his neck, a black suit being worn on his body as he prepared for the annual ball in the Space Colony Ark. His hair was much shorter and cleaner, being (H/C) instead of purple with his eyes being a normal and sane (E/C). His skin was a still a bit paler than that average human's, but that was because of the lack of sunlight he got, even in space. He was a bit uncomfortable with the suit on since his thin exoskeleton that allowed him to move his upper body made it difficult to wear tighter clothing

The door opens, making Y/n turn to see Gerald Robotnik in a nice suit who smiles at the boy.

"Ah! You look great, Y/n," Gerald tells the twelve-year-old Y/n. "You look just like your father."

"Thank you, Professor Robotnik," Y/n smiles at the scientist. "And thank you for inviting me to the party. I've never personally seen Haley's Comet."

"You shouldn't be thanking me, son," Gerald states.

This confuses Y/n before Gerald steps aside to reveal Shadow wearing a bowtie around his neck and Maria, Gerald's granddaughter, wearing a lovely purple dress.

"O-oh..." a blush grows on Y/n's face as he holds his tie. "H-hi, Maria."

Maria giggles as she walks up to Y/n.

"Hi, N/n," she greets her friend. "You look great."

"Th-thank you, M-Maria," Y/n stutters. "Y-you look great, t-too."

Maria giggles as she spins around in her dress once.

"Thank you, N/n."

Y/n smiles stupidly to himself as Gerald chuckles to himself while Shadow lets a small smile show.

"I think we'll give you two some time alone," Gerald says and turns to Shadow. "Shall we go, Shadow?"

"We shall," Shadow nods and leaves with Gerald, leaving Maria and Y/n alone.

"So, uh... you're the one who invited me to the Comet Ball?" Y/n nervously asks his best friend.

Maria nods in confirmation.

"I found out you've never been to the ball, so I wanted you to join me and Grandfather," the blonde states. "Plus, it gives me more time to be with you."

Y/n blushes again at these words, scratching his cheek as he looks away, flustered.

"Th-that means so much to me, M-Maria," Y/n says, making Maria giggle. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, N/n," Maria says and offers to link arms with Y/n. "Shall we go?"

Smiling, Y/n nods and links his arm with Maria's, the two walking out of Y/n's room together as they walk down the hallway. As they walk, Maria looked over at the windows and gazed at the stars. Y/n follows her gaze and looks at the stars as well.