Enerjak: Reborn! (Part 2)

Starting off where the last chapter ended, most of our heroes stare in shock as Enerjak revealed himself to be none other than Knuckles The Echidna himself.

"My dear friends of New Mobotropolis! I come to you as Enerjak, a living god, to show you all how to live in the better tomorrow! A tomorrow free of pain and suffering!" Knuckles exclaims. "A tomorrow free of technology! A tomorrow built by my unlimited power!"

Was everyone hearing this right? Seeing this right? This was Knuckles, but he didn't sound like himself.

"Knuckles, stop this!" Sally orders the echidna. "Your "unmatched power" brought devastation to Angel Island!"

"You wiped out an entire civilization!" Y/n shouted. "How is that a "better tomorrow"?!"

"Knuckles, I know your relationship with technology has been poor, but it can bring great things!" Nicole steps forward. "It has given me a chance at life!"

With tears in her eyes, Julie-Su walked up to her boyfriend.

"Knuckles, please... you tried to use power like this before, and all it brought us was pain and suffering," the pink echidna tells the red echidna. "You're not Enerjak. Please... stop this before it gets worse."

Knuckles scowled at his friends before putting his helmet back on.

" I am very disappointed in all of you," Enerjak tells the Mobians. "I will show you I am right by example if I must."

Holding out his hand, Enerjak pulls Julie-Su up to him.

"Knuckles! What are you--?!"

"Knuckles! Stop this!" Y/n barked at the armored echidna, only to be ignored.

"I will liberate you from your own cybernetic trappings, Julie-Su!" Enerjak declares.

"Knuckles...! Don't...!"

"Then you will see that I--"

Enerjak is cutoff as Sonic rockets down from the sky and Spin Attacks him, sending him to his knees as Sonic leaps off of the echidna and grabs Julie-Su from Enerjak.

"Whatever you were villainously monologing about, forget it, Enerjerk!"

Sonic lands on the ground and hands Julie-Su to Y/n, the pink echidna shaken from her close encounter as she holds Y/n tightly.

"Julie-Su, are you okay?" Y/n asked his friend.

"I-I d-don't kn-know..." is all the echidna says.

"Sorry I'm late!" Sonic tells everyone. "Heard from Knuckles?"

"N... yes, but--" Sonic cuts Sally off.

"Cool. Any backup coming in?"

"Yes, but--!"

"Cool," Sonic says and looks at Enerjak. "Now all that's left is to take care of this Enerjoke!"

Sonic runs up to Enerjak to Spin Attack him, only for the armored villain to block easily with a crossguard.

"Your speed was never enough to trump my raw power!" Enerjak proclaims, only to get punched in the face by Shadow The Hedgehog.

"Then he will need my power as well," the Ultimate Lifeform states. "Shadow, Agent of GUN, reporting as requested."

"Nice entrance, Faker," Sonic compliments the black hedgehog. "All I got out of him was a grunt."

"I'm here, too!"