Otherside (Part 1: How The Other Half Lives)

Not long after Sonic returned to New Mobotropolis, he was assigned a mission to go to Moebius in hopes of finding a way to stop Scourge. Sonic had since packed his bags while Tails and Rotor were doing the finishing touches on the new Star Posts. He also learned that he wasn't going alone on the mission.

"Are you, um... ready, Amy?" Sonic asks his admirer.

"I'll be with you, Sonic!" Amy declares. "I'll be ready for anything!"

"Alright, you two," Sally walks into the lab. "Do you remember the plan?"

"Head over to Scourge's home Zone and find a way to reverse his invasion," Sonic slams a fist into his palm.

"And cause him problems at home if we can," Amy says as she summons her Piko-Piko Hammer.

"I thought this was a solo mission," Sonic tells Sally.

"You'll need backup on a hostile world we know little about," Sally states. "Besides, Amy's been dying for more time with you."

"You're cruel."

Sally giggles a bit before turning to Tails and Rotor.

"How are the secondary Star Posts looking boys?"

"I think we're done, princess," Rotor says.

"All set to head to Moebius," Tails informs.

"Just a heads up," Rotor tells Sonic and Amy, "we don't know where on Moebius the portal will drop you, so be careful."

"Lovely," Sonic says as he prepares to run. "Thanks for that, Rotor. On that note, here we--"

Sonic and Amy run through the portal. However, they end up in a rather nice looking hallway.

"--go?"

They look around as the portal shimmers and closes behind them.

"You know, the way Rotor put it," Sonic says, "I was expecting something more... perilous."

"For an evil alternate dimension, it's really nice looking," Amy says as she looks at a painting of some Chao.

"Hold it right there!"

"Now that's more like it!"

Sonic and Amy turn to see a giant robot flying at them. It throws down a fist which the two dodge, making the blue and yellow robot's fist crack the floor.

"Ain't nobody gettin' a drop on the doctor!"

"Want to bet this hunk of junk means Anti-Robotnik is here?" Amy asks as she his the machine's legs.

"Yep!" Sonic Spin Attacks the robot. "It's about time he built a bot."

"You ain't layin' a hand on him!" the robot declares and fires some sort of gel at Amy's feet which instantly hardens. "And you can just sit a spell!"

The robot fires soundwaves at Sonic, stopping him in his tracks and making him dizzy.

"Whooga..." Sonic stumbles around. "Not cool..."

Suddenly, panicked footsteps are heard as a man in a red shirt and black pants runs down the hall.

"No, Buns! Stop!" he orders the robot. "They aren't enemies!"

"You sure, Doc?"

"Positive," the man says as he helps Sonic to his feet. "This is Sonic the Hedgehog, from the Prime Zone."

"Oh. Sorry 'bout that. Can't see colors too well in this thing," the robot, Buns, states and breaks Amy free. "That riot foam firms up pretty nice, didn't it?"