New Future, New Problems

Everyone was getting ready to fight off the Egg Fleet, but then Mammoth Mogul stepped forward.

"Hear me, O base and unbearable curs!" Mogul calls out to the Mobians just as blue planes appear beneath him and the other convicts. "You are assailed within and without! Relent to my command, and you may survive!"

"Shiny!" Bean says as he looks beneath his feet.

"Um... didn't you get sent into those Egg Grapes before everyone else?" Y/n asks the magical mammoth.

The mammoth tries to respond, but can't before a blue light starts to cover his body.

"I built this city with a contingency for you, too, Mogul," Nicole says, her form slowly disappearing.

Then Mogul and all the criminals and villains vanish, presumably now in a new prison where they couldn't escape.

"You teleported Mogul in mid-rant! And you, Y/n, made him at a lost for words!" Sonic tells the the Holo-Lynx and human. "You two rock!"

Y/n chuckles a bit as he rubs the back of his head while Nicole and Sally high-five.

"You thought of everything!" Sally tells her.

"I am the most advanced AI there is," Nicole states.

Suddenly, lasers hit the barrier above as Nicole starts to nearly completely vanish.

"Nicole!" Y/n and Sally call out to the AI in fear.

"Do not worry, Sally, Y/n. I am fine. Really," Nicole assures the two. "I just have to reroute the power that would support my form to the shields. Dr. Eggman isn't holding back with his barrage."

"Oh, Nicole... It's not fair!" Sally tells the AI. "You've given us so much, and you can't even keep your body for long."

"Only until I can spare the energy," Nicole says, almost gone. "I will always be around. I'll always be near."

And with that, NICOLE completely deforms, leaving Sally with some tears in her eyes. But her face didn't hold sadness. It held anger and determination instead.

"What now, Sal?" Sonic asks. "I've filled my plan-making quota for the year."

"I trust Nicole to keep us safe for a good while," the princess says. "We're all too rattled from the invasion to do much right now."

"If we could do much of anything right now, anyway," Elias corrects. "Nicole took the time to craft us a city for us. Everyone should go out and find their new homes."

Elias wraps his arms around his wife and daughter, smiling at them both.

"Try to relax. Keep your loved one close to you," he continues. "And be thankful we have them again."

Then Elias turns to Sonic and Y/n.

"And finally, you two will get some medical attention before you do anything."

"But--" Sonic gets cutoff.

"That's a double-order, mister," Sally says. "You don't see Y/n complaining, do you?"

"Complaining only makes the pain worse..." Y/n states quietly.

"Jeez. Double-teamed," Sonic groans. "They're more relentless than Eggman's barrage..."

Sonic and Y/n then began making their way to... wherever the medical station was as the Blue Blur continued to complained.

"Just because I got roughed up a bit doesn't mean I need any special treatment..."