Innocent or Guilty?

In the mostly empty detention center, the only active cell was at the end of the hall. In that cell was Y/n lying on his bed, that is if you could call it a bed. It was basically just a slab of metal hanging off the wall with a pillow and a blanket, and it was terribly uncomfortable. It was difficult for Y/n to sleep since all he could really do was sleep before his trial with the Acorn Council.

Bouncing a ball made of Chaos Energy around his cell, Y/n awaited for his trial.

Meanwhile...

Elsewhere, Sally is seen walking as she helps carry a crate of food for a family in New Mobotropolis. She soon sets it down and wipes some sweat off of her forehead before sighing.

"Thanks again, Princess," a Mobian-Dog tells her. "Really appreciate this."

"It's no problem whatsoever," Sally states. "Have a good day now."

"You, too!" the dog says as he waves Sally goodbye.

She waves goodbye as well as she walks away. Then she turns around and lets out a breath. After Y/n's fight with Nazo, a lot of the city and its people were shaken. They still needed help, and Sally was glad to give it.

And that same battle brought her mind back over to Y/n and what she said to him. She hated herself for that, but what's done is done. She can't take it back now and whenever the two of them are together, things become awkward. They didn't talk to each other, and it was weird just to be around each other.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid...!" Sally told herself as she smacked her forehead. "Why did I have to say that? It was the perfect moment to confess! 'Motivational tactic'? What was I thinking?"

Sally cringed at her words and decision. She was an idiot to say that to Y/n, and now she may be never able to make things right. He was having his trial later today, and it depended on what the Council saw fit that she may see Y/n again or not.

Sally sighs again and rubs her temples.

"It's fine. Everything's fine," Sally tells herself. "Y/n will be pardoned and everything will be able to go back to normal."

At least she hoped everything would go back to normal...

Timeskip...

A blue blur is seen going all around a white room as it destroyed holographic enemies. Every enemy shatters into light before they vanish and the blur goes to wreck even more before the blur unfolds itself from its spiked ball to reveal that it was Sonic.

"Come on! This can't be the highest difficulty!" he says with a smirk and Spin Attacks another enemy. "Please! The little Badniks give me more trouble!"

Sonic bounces around his holographic enemies like a pinball and takes the rest of them out almost instantly. He slides across the ground before standing up and dusting off his hands with a smirk.

"Damn, I'm good," he boasts with pride.

The holograms all disappear and Nicole materializes in front of Sonic.

"Hello, Sonic."

"WYAAAAH!" Sonic jumps from fright. "You gotta stop doing that, Nicole!"

"Apologies, Sonic," the AI apologizes sheepishly. "Ahem. Uh, Y/n's trial will be starting soon. Can you fetch him?"

"Right," Sonic says with a thumbs up. "Sure thing."

"Thanks, Sonic."

Nicole disappears and Sonic dashes away with spectacular speed. Not long after does he arrive at the detention center and skids to a stop in front of Y/n's cell. He looks inside to see that he was asleep with his jacket by his side.