A Bold New Moebius (Part 1: Unwelcome Guests!)

At Freedom HQ, Tails and Rotor stand together in front of the Star Posts. For some odd reason, they were on with a sparkling portal between the two posts.

"Thanks for coming over to look at the Star Posts, Rotor," Tails told the walrus. "Any idea why they'd turn on by themselves?"

"Sorry, Tails, but you've got me," Rotor shrugs. "They're supposed to only cross dimensions into the Special Zone."

"Oh, we're plenty special," a voice similar to Rotor's says before a sonic blast shoots from the portal.

Tails and Rotor crash into the ground and look up to see...

"A-Anti-Rotor?!" the walrus questions. "Wh-what...?!"

"It's Boomer now, wuss," Boomer states, smiling evilly at his doppelganger

"It's Boomer now, wuss," Boomer states, smiling evilly at his doppelganger. "Scared that your own 'shadow' is outshining you? Look at you. Can't even stand up to me."

"Leave him alone!"

Tails flies over to Boomer to shoulder-bash him, only to be shoulder-bashed himself by something flying.

"Know your place!"

Tails gets slammed into the ground and the attacker lands on his feet. The twin-tailed fox looks up just to see...

 The twin-tailed fox looks up just to see

"Anti-Tails?!"

"Don't you dare call me that!" the Anti orders. "You may lack respect, but I answer only to Miles!"

No sooner did the two evil counterparts pin down their heroic doppelgangers when someone else walked out of the portal.

"Nice work, boys."

"Thank you," Miles told the new arrival, "Princess Alicia."