Mogul Rising (Part 1: Needful Things)

Okay, so this is where things start to change. And I mean change. Not just for the story, but for some characters and even some subplots as well. What do I mean by that? Well, read to find out!
_________________________________________

It's been a few days since the attack of Enerjak and Nazo took control of Y/n. And it's been that long since Y/n had taken down the Destroyer himself with his own two hands. Since then, Knuckles has stayed on Angel Island to continue his role as the Last Guardian of Angel Island. It broke Y/n's heart to have to tell his friend goodbye after such a traumatic event, but he understood. Given the circumstances, he is the last and only remaining Guardian. It makes sense.

Since the next day, multiple tests have been ran on Y/n and his Chaos Gem to determine what was different about him. After numerous tests over the next few days, it was discovered that everything about the human has been enhanced to levels far above his former capabilities. He was stronger, faster, tougher, and all-around more powerful than before. His healing abilities have even been enhanced to where the next day, most of his wounds have all been healed from his fight with Enerjak and Nazo.

Over the days after the big encounters with the evil dieties, New Mobotropolis has given Y/n a newfound respect to him while a newfound sense of fear as well. While most didn't blame him for going berserk and attacking Sally, Sonic, and Shadow, and saw him as a hero, others thought of him to be a threat to them and needed to be kept far from them. No matter, Y/n did do his best to help out the community after the Mobius-shaking battles wrecked a majority of the city. He pitched in to fix whatever was broken, even though a morning of what was broken could be fixed by Nicole and the nanites that made up the domed city.

But not everything that came out of the aftermaths of the epic battles was good. It wasn't bad either, but it was a confusing time for Y/n. He and Sally had a strange distance grown between them as the two became... rather uncomfortable around each other other they were by themselves. Many were concerned about the sudden fallout between the two since they've been rather close, and they suddenly grew apart. They've all wanted to figure out what had been going on, but were too afraid to ask.

In his house which he's been staying in recently, Y/n is seen in his extra room which he's been using as a homemade gym. Weights, dumbells, treadmills, and other equipment littered the room.

As of now, the superpowered human were hitting a punching bag specifically designed to withstand his great strength. He swings left and right as he recalled everything that has happened since he's woken up on Angel Island. He gained power he could only imagine, he fought a giant robot, he joined a rebel group who banded together to stop an evil genius who wants to take over the world, he fought a magic mammoth and his goonies, saved a king, and fought against two evil dieties and beat them.

But other things have happened. Y/n had grew close to the Freedom Fighters and the people of Mobius, he may or may not have gained feelings for a chipmunk princess, he discovered who he really was, and those same feelings have now left him confused. He still wanted to be close to Sally and be with her, but with what she told him at his hospital bed... Y/n didn't know if that'll ever happen. Too many people have been lost and killed because of him. Maybe it was better no one got that close to him at all.

"RAAAAGH!!!" Y/n yells as he lands another sparking punch on the hanging bag, tearing it from its chain and it falls to the door. "Why is everything so hard?!"

He crouches down on the floor and holds his face in his hands. He tries to figure things out and organize his thoughts so he could think clearly, but it was more difficult than ever to do so. Especially since his Chaos Gem is basically another consciousness by itself, even though it wasn't as high as it was when Nazo was inside of it. Y/n just wanted a calm life. He never wanted all of this to happen.