Who I Am

This chapter starts where the last one ended, with Shadow demanding Gerald Robotnik's diary.

"I will ask you again, Doctor," Shadow says as he holds Eggman over his head. "Where is Professor Gerald's diary?"

"Grandfather's diary is mine, just like you are, Shadow!" Eggman declares. "Now release me!"

Shadow clicks his teeth and looks down at Snively.

"Snively, where is the diary?" Shadow asks as he grabs the midget's only remaining hair.

"Anything but the hair, I beg of you!" Snively begs.

"The diary," Shadow begins to pull.

"UNCLE ROBOTNIK'S PRIVATE STUDY! I SWEAR!" Snively admits, terrified.

"Very good," Shadow says and throws Eggman aside. "And this is for wasting my time."

He yanks out Snively's hair, making the man cry out in terror and sadness as Shadow begins to walk away.

"You traitor!" Eggman calls out to Shadow.

"HE TOOK MY HAIR!" Snively exclaimed. "THEY WERE MY LAST SIX HAIRS!"

"So what?" Eggman questions. "Bald is beautiful!"

Back with Shadow, he's seen in the now messy private study of Eggman. He was holding a book with a small smile on his face.

"At long last... the diary of my creator..." he pulls a small disk from inside the blank book, looking at it. "All the secrets... all the confusion... it's almost over."

Shadow held the disk in front of his face with a small smile, but it drops to a neutral thin line as he recalls Y/n. Ever since the destruction of ADAM, that human has been on his mind. And not just that, Y/n wasn't the only one getting "visions" either. So was Shadow. Could this disk hold the answers to his oldest and newest questions?

"I cannot investigate safely here, however," he tells himself. "I need comparable technology in a place I can trust..."

And Shadow knew exactly where to go.

Knothole...

In a lab, Sonic walks inside with a confused look.

"All right, this is getting ridiculous!" he exclaims. "Where the heck is Fiona?"

Y/n, who was helping Tails with something, turns to look at Sonic.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"What's wrong?! She was a no-show on the mission! No-show about any other time," Sonic growls a bit before looking at Y/n and Tails. "Have you two seen her lately?"

Y/n shakes his head only to be pushed aside as Tails flies off, confusing everyone.

"Tails?" both hedgehog and human question as they watch their friend fly away.

"Are you two fighting?" Knuckles asks Sonic.

"I didn't think so..." Sonic states. "I know Tails had a thing for Fiona, but I thought we'd dealt with that. If she keeps this up, though, he can have her."

"Isn't Tails, like, twelve?" Y/n asks, but no one pays any mind to him.

"Is Fiona still disappearing on you?" Knuckles asks the Blue Blur.

"Yeah," Sonic says. "And I'm really beginning to wonder if--"

"SONIC!"

Tails suddenly flies back in, a terrified look on his face.